Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Of course. Recipe: Melt in Your Mouth Chocolate Sugar Cookies
Joined: Mar 8, 2006
Posted to Thread #30007 at 8:40 pm on Dec 4, 2017
Melt-In-Your-Mouth Chocolate Sugar Cookies
Servings: 56 cookies
1-1/2 cups (188g) all-purpose flour
1/2 cup (60g) unsweetened Dutch process cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup (113g) unsalted butter, at room temperature
1-1/2 cups (300g) granulated sugar
1/2 cup (113g) vegetable shortening, melted and cooled slightly (don't cool it too long or it will just solidify again)
1 large egg
1-1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter and sugar together on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 3 or 4 minutes. Note that it won't get too fluffy because there's so much more sugar here than butter. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add the melted vegetable shortening. Beat well, then add the egg and vanilla, and beat again to incorporate. The mixture should now be very fluffy.
Turn the mixer down to low and add the dry ingredients, mixing until just barely combined.
Using a small cookie dough scoop or a tablespoon, portion the dough onto the baking sheets about 2 inches apart to allow for spreading. These cookies will spread out and puff up quite a bit as they bake, but they'll flatten out again as they cool.
Bake for about 14 minutes, until firm around the edges and the tops begin to crack, rotating the baking sheet halfway through the baking time. Watch carefully near the end of cooking time. They burn quickly. Allow to cool on a wire rack for a few minutes before removing the cookies from the pan and allowing them to cool completely.
Other messages in this thread:
- 30007. Just learned today is National Cookie Day. Anyone making cookies? Whatcha' makin'? :-) [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 12:56pm on 12/04/17 (17)
- Got a Springerle mold or rolling pin? These Soft Glazed Gingerbread cookies just came on [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 1:21pm on 12/04/17
- I spent much of Saturday making cookies for my suppliers and I just....can't...bake today! - deb-in-MI - 2:24pm on 12/04/17
- I'd say you're allowed a reprieve for today, lol. Tell me more about heat - Pat-NoCal - 3:56pm on 12/04/17
- I think this is the one I own [LINK] - deb-in-MI - 4:05pm on 12/04/17
- Not sure I'd use it enough to justify the expense but what a cool tool. Thanks - Pat-NoCal - 4:09pm on 12/04/17
- A vac sealer like FoodSavers would do it also. That would get great use!! [NT] - Charley - 11:00am on 12/05/17
- That's what we used to pack 50,000 meals to ship to Haiti. FoodSavers would not work... - Michael in Sarasota - 11:32am on 12/11/17
- I was planning to make shortbread yesterday with my daughter - pmassell_93 - 3:54pm on 12/04/17
- Hope you find the mold and hope you will post a photo. Speaking of which, - Pat-NoCal - 3:58pm on 12/04/17
- did you get the PM? [NT] - pmassell_93 - 5:53pm on 12/04/17
- I just did, thank you. As soon as I get home I will - Pat-NoCal - 7:21pm on 12/04/17
- Melt in Your Mouth Chocolate Sugar Cookies [NT] - rhoward2va - 5:28pm on 12/04/17
- Really? Are those as good as they sound? Would you - Pat-NoCal - 7:20pm on 12/04/17
- Of course. Recipe: Melt in Your Mouth Chocolate Sugar Cookies - rhoward2va - 8:40pm on 12/04/17
- Thank you, I'll be giving these a try. [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 8:42pm on 12/05/17
- I made gf chocolate crinkles....yum! [NT] - cheezz - 12:51am on 12/05/17
- yum! [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 8:42pm on 12/05/17