Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Hot spots on my pride-of-the-kitchen Le Creuset pot - help!
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #30011 at 9:38 pm on Dec 5, 2017
Every time I cook or brown on the gas stove, there are hot spots that scorch above the heat source and near an edge. It doesn't matter how slowly I heat the pan. I've tried different burners. When on the largest and turned as low as the flame can go, I get that ring. If I put it on the small "simmer" burner, it scorches there.
I called Le Creuset to see if there is a thin pad or something to cover the burner that would even out the heat, but they say no, send it back.
I don't want to give it up yet as the finish is still good and there are no chips, just light staining. It cooks beautifully in the oven. Any ideas?
Other messages in this thread:
- 30011. Hot spots on my pride-of-the-kitchen Le Creuset pot - help! - Anna_X - 9:38pm on 12/05/17 (14)
- I have seen cast-iron heat duffusers. I had one once that was a disk with many holes [LINK] - Joe - 11:13pm on 12/05/17
- Weird. What I see is a part to a batter dispenser. Try again? [NT] - Anna_X - 12:49am on 12/06/17
- I suspect the metal under the enamel is not properly stabilized - pmassell_93 - 11:41pm on 12/05/17
- A very clear explanation of what might have happened, thanks. [NT] - Anna_X - 12:50am on 12/06/17
- Is this enamel cast iron OR enamel on steel. The latter will develop hot spots - Charley - 12:11am on 12/06/17
- I don't know which it is. I thought it was iron all over. [NT] - Anna_X - 12:51am on 12/06/17
- Is it VERY heavy? Is it like a stockpot--thin sides like an aluminum one - Charley - 11:50am on 12/06/17
- It's very heavy. [NT] - Anna_X - 4:29pm on 12/06/17
- Then I think it is faulty. I have never had hot spots in my LC enamel cast iron - Charley - 10:27pm on 12/06/17
- WHen I bought my large Le Cruset saute pan, it was recommended to me to get a diffuser - LisainLA - 5:20am on 12/06/17
- Thank you, this is very helpful... - Anna_X - 4:32pm on 12/06/17
- The staff at the kitchen store where I bought the pan recommended it to me. - LisainLA - 4:31am on 12/07/17