Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Joined: Mar 8, 2006
Posted to Thread #30012 at 6:21 pm on Dec 6, 2017
1 cup sifted all purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
5 1/3 tablespoons cold butter, (2 2/3 ounces) cut into 1-inch pieces
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/3 cup sugar
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
Sift flour, baking powder and salt into a mixing bowl. Cut in butter until mixture resembles corn meal. In a small bowl, beat the egg lightly and stir it into the flour mixture. This can be done in a food processor. Mix together until a dough is formed.
Divide the dough into 23 pieces and form into 23 shells in mini cupcake pans.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Melt chocolate and butter. Add sugar, milk, and vanilla. Add beaten egg and mix until blended. Place a slightly rounded teaspoonful of the filling in each pastry shell. They will be 1/3 to 1/2 full, but the filling will rise during baking. Place both tart pans on a cookie sheet for easier handling.
Bake for 22 to 25 minutes, reversing the pans to insure even browning. Bake until pastry is barely colored. Do not overbake - the filling should remain slightly chewy.
Cool in the pans for about 10 minutes, and then gently remove from pans and place on racks to finish cooling.
Note from Maida Heatter: 23 is a strange number of cookies to make but I like the filling to be generous. If you make 24, the filling is a little too shallow.
Notes: Excellent - Store in freezer
Other messages in this thread:
- 30012. ISO mini/finger desserts for Christmas potluck (Not cookies) - MariaDNoCA - 1:16am on 12/06/17 (12)
- apple slab pie? both Ina Garten and Smittenkitchen [LINK] - emtd - 4:32am on 12/06/17
- or pumpkin/pumpkin cheesecake slab - bottom crust only [NT] - colleenmomof2 - 12:26pm on 12/06/17
- Miniature cheesecakes, chocolate truffles, Oreo truffles, key lime tartlets, [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 9:25am on 12/06/17
- Cracker toffee [LINK] - colleenmomof2 - 12:30pm on 12/06/17
- Fudge Delices - rhoward2va - 6:21pm on 12/06/17
- Mini Blueberry Tartlets - rhoward2va - 6:22pm on 12/06/17
- Baklava or galactabouriko [NT] - Melissa Dallas - 12:16am on 12/07/17
- I recall Mar made mini cakes w/ lemon curd / cherry topping one year. It was in my to try list. - barb_b - 10:34pm on 12/07/17
- Oh you reminded me of using lemon curd with this terrific pineapple nut cake - Charley - 5:24pm on 12/09/17
- Thse are always a hit! Rec: Praline Brookies aka Brownies w chocolate chip cookie [NT] [LINK] - barb_b - 10:52pm on 12/07/17
- Mini Bûche de Noël [LINK] - Michael in Sarasota - 6:59pm on 12/10/17
- This one is serious. Mince Tartlets in Shortbread Crust [LINK] - Michael in Sarasota - 7:18pm on 12/10/17