Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Mini Blueberry Tartlets
Joined: Mar 8, 2006
Posted to Thread #30012 at 6:22 pm on Dec 6, 2017
Mini Blueberry Crumb Tarts
Servings: 20 tartlets
3 ounces fat free cream cheese
1/2 cup unsalted butter, (1 stick)
1 cup flour
4 cups blueberries (freshs or frozen)
juice of 1 lemon
3/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/8 cup cold water
1 cup flour
3 tablespoons brown sugar
3 tablespoons butter, softened
Blend cream cheese and butter together. Work in flour. Shape into a ball and refridgerate up to one hour.
Shape 20-1" balls and place in tart pan. I use a tart shaper to shape my tarts or you can just press the dough up the pan. Set aside in refrigerator until filling is ready.
Place blueberries, lemon juice and sugar in medium sauce pan. Bring to a slow boil. When blueberries begin to cook mix in cornstarch mixed with cold water all the while stirring your mixture. Cook 1-2 minutes or until thick. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
Work flour, sugar and butter with fingers until resembles small crumbs. You won't use all this topping. I placed what was left over in the freezer for future use!
Preheat oven to 375.
Place blueberries in tarts, top with crumb topping. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until crust and topping start to brown.
Notes: Very good finger food dessert!
Other messages in this thread:
- 30012. ISO mini/finger desserts for Christmas potluck (Not cookies) - MariaDNoCA - 1:16am on 12/06/17 (12)
- apple slab pie? both Ina Garten and Smittenkitchen [LINK] - emtd - 4:32am on 12/06/17
- or pumpkin/pumpkin cheesecake slab - bottom crust only [NT] - colleenmomof2 - 12:26pm on 12/06/17
- Miniature cheesecakes, chocolate truffles, Oreo truffles, key lime tartlets, [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 9:25am on 12/06/17
- Cracker toffee [LINK] - colleenmomof2 - 12:30pm on 12/06/17
- Fudge Delices - rhoward2va - 6:21pm on 12/06/17
- Mini Blueberry Tartlets - rhoward2va - 6:22pm on 12/06/17
- Baklava or galactabouriko [NT] - Melissa Dallas - 12:16am on 12/07/17
- I recall Mar made mini cakes w/ lemon curd / cherry topping one year. It was in my to try list. - barb_b - 10:34pm on 12/07/17
- Oh you reminded me of using lemon curd with this terrific pineapple nut cake - Charley - 5:24pm on 12/09/17
- Thse are always a hit! Rec: Praline Brookies aka Brownies w chocolate chip cookie [NT] [LINK] - barb_b - 10:52pm on 12/07/17
- Mini Bûche de Noël [LINK] - Michael in Sarasota - 6:59pm on 12/10/17
- This one is serious. Mince Tartlets in Shortbread Crust [LINK] - Michael in Sarasota - 7:18pm on 12/10/17