Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
I put the thanksgiving turkey bones in for a quick stock /bone broth
Joined: Dec 31, 1969
Posted to Thread #30014 at 10:34 am on Dec 8, 2017
I used the bones twice to get more yield. On the second pass I put them in for 2 hours on the canning setting (highest pressure). Then I run it all, the bones and a few random veggies, bay leaf or whatever is around, through my chinois. The bones were like potato chips by that point. could crush them with my fingers but got pretty much every bit of goodness. I do this with beef bones too. My wife really believes the bone broth helps her when she or the kids have a cold or some other ailment. And great for a soup starter.
This week I did the same with a rotisserie chicken from costco and got a nice soup out of it.
Other messages in this thread:
- 30014. Disc: What won't you cook under pressure? - colleenmomof2 - 7:38am on 12/06/17 (13)
- I became a convert after the first beef stew in the PC. 35 minutes and delicious. [NT] - Charley - 9:04am on 12/06/17
- However!! YOu can use your instant pot to slow cook your stew also. Best of all - Charley - 10:52am on 12/06/17
- I make Goulash often. I have had challenges with instant pot with beef. BUT, I have had the same - barb_b - 5:31pm on 12/07/17
- For the best stew meat, I use only chuck. It has the right amount of fat. Roud, - Charley - 6:42pm on 12/07/17
- I'll try Chuck. The best goulash I made was w ironically, the meat that was used in pre-made - barb_b - 8:41am on 12/08/17
- In some cases using an expensive cut can lead to dryness also because in - Charley - 8:44am on 12/08/17
- Good recommendation! Thank-you! - colleenmomof2 - 11:17am on 12/11/17
- Better quality cut. Will do! Thank-you! [NT] - colleenmomof2 - 11:24am on 12/11/17
- I'm likely the only one, but I can't stand chicken in one -- too slimy [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 9:57pm on 12/07/17
- Maria I will sometimes partially cook them in the PC then finish in oven [NT] - pmassell_93 - 10:05pm on 12/07/17
- I wouldn't cook a chicken in a PC to serve as is, but to cook it for something - Charley - 8:57am on 12/08/17
- I put the thanksgiving turkey bones in for a quick stock /bone broth - pmassell_93 - 10:34am on 12/08/17
- YES! Making Costco rotisserie stock - top reason to buy bird - colleenmomof2 - 11:23am on 12/11/17