Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|CathyZ from Kauai||
Cyn, the dry milk is needed. It makes a difference.
Joined: Dec 10, 2005
Posted to Thread #30017 at 3:45 pm on Dec 9, 2017
It makes a big difference to the flavor. I've made these and it is a really good recipe. Without the dry milk the taste would be blah. The dry milk adds depth to the flavor.
You can always go to Amazon and buy a small amount- here is a link to a packet that would make only 2 qts of reconstituted milk.
Other messages in this thread:
- 30017. I have a friend who loves brioche buns and I'd like to make these for her. I really don't [LINK] - CynUpstateNY - 9:16pm on 12/08/17 (8)
- You don't need to buy a huge box - judy-mass - 9:22pm on 12/08/17
- You can usually buy dry milk at a bulk food store if you ahve that. The milk - Charley - 9:26pm on 12/08/17
- Cyn, the dry milk is needed. It makes a difference. [LINK] - CathyZ from Kauai - 3:45pm on 12/09/17
- if you decide to sub milk, here is an equivalency that I was mentioning - Charley - 3:51pm on 12/09/17
- I will reiterate that you need the dry milk. Do not reconstitute it. Do not use regular milk. [NT] - CathyZ from Kauai - 6:25pm on 12/09/17
- Agree. I also add dried milk to my oatmeal cookies. [NT] - MarilynFL - 8:15pm on 12/09/17
- Thanks, Cathy! [NT] - CynUpstateNY - 8:57pm on 12/09/17
- Went to the co op and found a smaller bag. Thanks! [NT] - CynUpstateNY - 4:43pm on 12/09/17