Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Michael in Naples||
Mini Bûche de Noël
Joined: Dec 18, 2005
Posted to Thread #30012 at 1:59 pm on Dec 10, 2017
I just saw this 5 minutes before I saw your post, Maria.
A traditional bûche de Noël is a French Christmas specialty made from a thin sponge cake that's iced, rolled up, and decorated to look like a Yule log. Here, we've created a simpler single-serving version that makes a great project with kids. Yodel snack cakes stand in for the rolled-up sponge cakes, and the fun comes from decorating them with frosting, candies, and anything else you wish.
I wouldn't but I did find it kind of nauseatingly funny.
Other messages in this thread:
- 30012. ISO mini/finger desserts for Christmas potluck (Not cookies) - MariaDNoCA - 8:16pm on 12/05/17 (12)
- apple slab pie? both Ina Garten and Smittenkitchen [LINK] - emtd - 11:32pm on 12/05/17
- or pumpkin/pumpkin cheesecake slab - bottom crust only [NT] - colleenmomof2 - 7:26am on 12/06/17
- Miniature cheesecakes, chocolate truffles, Oreo truffles, key lime tartlets, [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 4:25am on 12/06/17
- Cracker toffee [LINK] - colleenmomof2 - 7:30am on 12/06/17
- Fudge Delices - rhoward2va - 1:21pm on 12/06/17
- Mini Blueberry Tartlets - rhoward2va - 1:22pm on 12/06/17
- Baklava or galactabouriko [NT] - Melissa Dallas - 7:16pm on 12/06/17
- I recall Mar made mini cakes w/ lemon curd / cherry topping one year. It was in my to try list. - barb_b - 5:34pm on 12/07/17
- Oh you reminded me of using lemon curd with this terrific pineapple nut cake - Charley - 12:24pm on 12/09/17
- Thse are always a hit! Rec: Praline Brookies aka Brownies w chocolate chip cookie [NT] [LINK] - barb_b - 5:52pm on 12/07/17
- Mini Bûche de Noël [LINK] - Michael in Sarasota - 1:59pm on 12/10/17
- This one is serious. Mince Tartlets in Shortbread Crust [LINK] - Michael in Sarasota - 2:18pm on 12/10/17