Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Yes. It took about 30-45 minutes to take the chill off the pan. Then I did that 200 degree
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #30021 at 5:00 pm on Dec 12, 2017
thing for 10 minutes, shut oven off and let the rolls rise in the "off" oven since I keep the house at a somewhat chilly 68 degrees. They rose beautifully there. Popped them out, pushed the temp to CI levels (425 for 10 minutes, then down to 350 for the rest of the time with an added burst of steam added at the high temp beginning by adding boiling water to a pan left at the bottom of the stove.
All this is unnecessary for cinnamon rolls. They are heaven themselves.
I think the initial 'bring to room temp" would have been less if I had transferred the rolls from the refrigerated pan to one that was already a room temp. But again, that is just me and my learning curve.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
Other messages in this thread:
- 30021. Can yeast rolls such as the Overnight Caramel Rolls be frozen unbaked? [LINK] - Anna_X - 12:28pm on 12/12/17 (10)
- Hi Anna....I just made CI's Yeasted Crescent Rolls for TDay and they highly - MarilynFL - 1:09pm on 12/12/17
- The rolls finish rising while sitting at room temp? - Anna_X - 1:23pm on 12/12/17
- Yes. It took about 30-45 minutes to take the chill off the pan. Then I did that 200 degree - MarilynFL - 5:00pm on 12/12/17
- I think that they will do their second rise overnight in the fridge.... - deb-in-MI - 1:28pm on 12/12/17
- Yes, that's right. Sounds very workable. [NT] - Anna_X - 1:47pm on 12/12/17
- I often do this when baking challah - deb-in-MI - 8:14am on 12/13/17
- Deb's right if the recipe calls for a package of yeast. The CI version uses a minimal - MarilynFL - 11:43am on 12/13/17
- Thanks for the explanation - so interesting! [NT] - deb-in-MI - 12:40pm on 12/13/17
- Anna_X, I am just now seeing this--I have successfully frozen these rolls many times before baking. [LINK] - wigs - 1:06pm on 12/14/17
- Wow, you all are Santas in disguise! I am def doing these! Thank you! [NT] - Anna_X - 1:54pm on 12/14/17