Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Deb's right if the recipe calls for a package of yeast. The CI version uses a minimal
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #30021 at 11:43 am on Dec 13, 2017
Amount of yeast (1 tsp) to get the long slow rest over a few days. The rolls didn't rise at all in the refrigerator with CI version. Confirm your recipe...I think the overnight rise will work with +2 tsp of yeast.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
Other messages in this thread:
- 30021. Can yeast rolls such as the Overnight Caramel Rolls be frozen unbaked? [LINK] - Anna_X - 12:28pm on 12/12/17 (10)
- Hi Anna....I just made CI's Yeasted Crescent Rolls for TDay and they highly - MarilynFL - 1:09pm on 12/12/17
- The rolls finish rising while sitting at room temp? - Anna_X - 1:23pm on 12/12/17
- Yes. It took about 30-45 minutes to take the chill off the pan. Then I did that 200 degree - MarilynFL - 5:00pm on 12/12/17
- I think that they will do their second rise overnight in the fridge.... - deb-in-MI - 1:28pm on 12/12/17
- Yes, that's right. Sounds very workable. [NT] - Anna_X - 1:47pm on 12/12/17
- I often do this when baking challah - deb-in-MI - 8:14am on 12/13/17
- Deb's right if the recipe calls for a package of yeast. The CI version uses a minimal - MarilynFL - 11:43am on 12/13/17
- Thanks for the explanation - so interesting! [NT] - deb-in-MI - 12:40pm on 12/13/17
- Anna_X, I am just now seeing this--I have successfully frozen these rolls many times before baking. [LINK] - wigs - 1:06pm on 12/14/17
- Wow, you all are Santas in disguise! I am def doing these! Thank you! [NT] - Anna_X - 1:54pm on 12/14/17