Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Anna_X, I am just now seeing this--I have successfully frozen these rolls many times before baking.
Joined: Mar 10, 2006
Posted to Thread #30021 at 1:06 pm on Dec 14, 2017
After the first rise, roll out dough, fill, roll into cylinder and slice. Put individual rolls into the pan on top of your brown sugar, light corn syrup, melted butter & pecan mixture. Then pop the pan into a large Zip-Lock bag and freeze the pan of rolls at this point.
A couple days before ready to bake, I remove the rolls from the freezer and put them into the refrigerator and then keep an eye on them as they thaw and do their second rise. It's difficult to specify exactly how long this will take. It depends on how cold your freezer and refrigerator are. I simply check them periodically, and when they have doubled in volume, they are ready to be popped into the oven. If the rising is going slower than I'd like, I simply remove them from the refrigerator and set the pan in a warm place on the counter top to speed things up.
NOTE: For yeast I use 2 teaspoons of SAF-Instant for each package of dry yeast--in other words, this cinnamon roll recipe would take 4 total teaspoons of SAF-Instant yeast.
Hope this helps you! Wigs
Other messages in this thread:
- 30021. Can yeast rolls such as the Overnight Caramel Rolls be frozen unbaked? [LINK] - Anna_X - 12:28pm on 12/12/17 (10)
- Hi Anna....I just made CI's Yeasted Crescent Rolls for TDay and they highly - MarilynFL - 1:09pm on 12/12/17
- The rolls finish rising while sitting at room temp? - Anna_X - 1:23pm on 12/12/17
- Yes. It took about 30-45 minutes to take the chill off the pan. Then I did that 200 degree - MarilynFL - 5:00pm on 12/12/17
- I think that they will do their second rise overnight in the fridge.... - deb-in-MI - 1:28pm on 12/12/17
- Yes, that's right. Sounds very workable. [NT] - Anna_X - 1:47pm on 12/12/17
- I often do this when baking challah - deb-in-MI - 8:14am on 12/13/17
- Deb's right if the recipe calls for a package of yeast. The CI version uses a minimal - MarilynFL - 11:43am on 12/13/17
- Thanks for the explanation - so interesting! [NT] - deb-in-MI - 12:40pm on 12/13/17
- Anna_X, I am just now seeing this--I have successfully frozen these rolls many times before baking. [LINK] - wigs - 1:06pm on 12/14/17
- Wow, you all are Santas in disguise! I am def doing these! Thank you! [NT] - Anna_X - 1:54pm on 12/14/17