Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Joined: Dec 31, 1969
Posted to Thread #30032 at 8:53 am on Dec 19, 2017
there are all kinds of ways to do this but even just oil and salt. If you can serve them hot right out of the oven is best but warm is good too. REALLY SIMPLE and everyone in my house devours them. I used to season these with hot sauce but recently I do salt and pepper.
Today I mixed grapeseed oil, salt, pepper and onion powder. I then brushed this on baking sheet at 475. I go by sight but I think it was around 10 minutes.
Do the same with a vinegar and oil style salad dressing. Great flavor.
Today I was thinking it would be a nice combo to roast these up with some pancetta so I'll try that next time.
Other messages in this thread:
- 30032. Help w menu. Need a side w/o pepper(s) To go with spiral ham/scalloped white and sweet potatoes. - MariaDNoCA - 4:05am on 12/18/17 (19)
- How about a broccoli salad with cranberries? Colorful,tasty and make-ahead [NT] - Anna_X - 8:14am on 12/18/17
- Maria, Epicurious Recipe Charred Brussels Sprouts w/pancetta and fig jam check the reviews [NT] [LINK] - GayR - 2:30pm on 12/18/17
- This sounds yummy! Thanks! [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 3:10am on 12/21/17
- Roasted Carrots with Smashed-Walnut Vinaigrette is really good - CathyZ from Kauai - 5:27pm on 12/18/17
- Wow, I don't like carrots, but this sounds good. Gotta try soon! (nt) [NT] - mistral - 11:11pm on 12/18/17
- How about with turnips? [NT] - CathyZ from Kauai - 2:32am on 12/19/17
- Or Parsnips? [NT] - CathyZ from Kauai - 4:02pm on 12/19/17
- Sounds delicious, but mil can’t do the pepper in the Dijon :-( [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 3:13am on 12/21/17
- just skip the pepper Maria. [NT] - CathyZ from Kauai - 11:24pm on 12/22/17
- I would avoid more root vegetables because they are sweet and the ham - Heather_in_SF - 6:01pm on 12/18/17
- I often serve carrots with ham, Heather. Never too sweet. [NT] - CathyZ from Kauai - 10:39pm on 12/18/17
- roasted cauliflower - pmassell_93 - 8:53am on 12/19/17
- Roasted cauliflower is like eating candy!! unbelievably delicious! LOL [NT] - Charley - 2:43pm on 12/19/17
- Roasted cauliflower is great with dried, French Tarragon too! Wonderful vegetable - KarenNoCA - 4:09pm on 12/19/17
- nice! - pmassell_93 - 5:21pm on 12/19/17
- I love that idea. Always feel guilty tossing those away, but never tried to do anything with them. - KarenNoCA - 5:39pm on 12/19/17
- honestly, the past few years - pmassell_93 - 5:45pm on 12/19/17
- I have always chopped the stalk to roast also. Same with broccoli. ;o) [NT] - Charley - 9:14pm on 12/19/17
- You’re making me hungry! [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 3:10am on 12/21/17