Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Pineapple juice (more)
Joined: Feb 8, 2006
Posted to Thread #30042 at 8:29 pm on Dec 26, 2017
I used canned pineapple juice.
Not the syrup from a can of pineapple, but might have subbed the unsweetened juice from a can of pineapple.
Fresh pineapple and juice is too acidic.
You want the syrup to be the consistency of the brandy, etc..
And yes, keep the cakes refrigerated if using pineapple juice, especially fresh.
I used candied tropical fruit (mango, papaya and pineapple and a white batter.
Other messages in this thread:
- 30042. Well, it's official. I don't like booze in my *previously perfect* fruit cake. - MarilynFL - 5:27pm on 12/21/17 (7)
- I used pineapple juice in a tropical fruit cake (more) - daricem - 12:50am on 12/22/17
- Excellent suggestion, Darice. So...fresh pineapple, canned heavy syrup or canned pineapple juice? [NT] - MarilynFL - 1:09am on 12/23/17
- Pineapple juice (more) - daricem - 8:29pm on 12/26/17
- Be sure to keep it refrigerated. The worst food poisoning I ever got was from - cheezz - 2:04am on 12/24/17
- Back many years ago when we lived in a "dry" area, Mom used to soak hers with Mogen David wine. - Melissa Dallas - 2:51pm on 12/22/17
- Another good idea. Thanks, M! I do love how nicely it slices. [NT] - MarilynFL - 1:10am on 12/23/17
- Oh, but do factor in the sweetness!! Maybe it is the harshness of alcohol in - Charley - 5:59pm on 12/24/17