Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Left over dilemma:
Joined: Feb 6, 2006
Posted to Thread #30052 at 9:24 pm on Dec 28, 2017
We had a great Christmas with family but I'm now looking in my fridge and wondering what to do with some of this food.
Left over cherry tomatoes & broccoli: - I'll roast them and use on pasta.
Left over feta, can of artichokes and spinach -I'll make dip on Food 52.
Leftover nuts: Maria's macadamia/cashew square.
I could use help with an expensive package of Gruyere - preferably something i could freeze.
I may take a loss on the 2 dozen eggs, quart of buttermilk and quart of whipping cream. What was I thinking!!
Merry (belated) Christmas. I'm coming up for air.
P.S. I highly recommend Meryl's vegetarian tortilla soup. Delicious.
Other messages in this thread:
- 30052. Left over dilemma: - emtd - 9:24pm on 12/28/17 (10)
- Vac seal the gruyere and use as you want. The eggs and milk will keep a while - Charley - 9:29pm on 12/28/17
- Freeze the Gruyere. Freeze the buttermilk and the whipping cream. Eggs will last - CathyZ from Kauai - 10:36pm on 12/28/17
- Freezing - Perfect! Easiest solution which at this point I appreciate. [NT] - emtd - 10:37pm on 12/28/17
- Freezing whipped cream advice [LINK] - colleenmomof2 - 12:40pm on 12/29/17
- Custard ice cream and lemon buttermilk popsicles [LINK] - colleenmomof2 - 12:50pm on 12/29/17
- These articles are about whipped cream but you can freeze the unwrapped cream as is. [NT] - CathyZ from Kauai - 4:32pm on 12/29/17
- unwhipped cream. Darn spellcheck! [NT] - CathyZ from Kauai - 4:33pm on 12/29/17
- Cheese soufflé with gruyere and some of the eggs. [NT] - Curious1 - 3:59pm on 12/29/17
- Great ideas everyone - thank you. - emtd - 5:54am on 01/01/18
- Quiche would be a great use of your eggs, cream and gruyere. [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 9:40pm on 01/03/18