Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Your opinion, please, re: madeleine pan's usefulness
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #30058 at 8:51 pm on Dec 30, 2017
There is only so much room for specialty items, so... considering how to spend a gift certificate at Sur La Table.
I am a sucker for the packaged madeleines in Costco so perhaps I just don't know the joys of a fresh-baked madeleine. Do they really have to be eaten fresh-baked? I like to make big batches of stuff, eat some now, and freeze the rest?
Other thoughts are more practical: an OXO salad spinner, pastry brush, splatter screen, rolling pin rings.
Other messages in this thread:
- 30058. Your opinion, please, re: madeleine pan's usefulness - Anna_X - 8:51pm on 12/30/17 (13)
- I have one and they are sublime. They also take very little room. I had a spinner - Charley - 9:22pm on 12/30/17
- I love my salad spinner. - judy-mass - 10:45pm on 12/30/17
- Tongs of all sizes. Immersion blender (mine is cheapo and useful). I know rubber spatulas - Charley - 1:28pm on 12/31/17
- I like the specialty pans - pmassell_93 - 11:10pm on 12/30/17
- I use the bowl of my salad spinner more than the spinner. I use Pat/NorCal’s Madeline recipe… - MariaDNoCA - 3:46am on 12/31/17
- Love my OXO salad spinner. I bring home my lettuce, take it out of the wire wrap - KarenNoCA - 3:32pm on 12/31/17
- Definitely pastry brush. I like the silicon bristle ones. [NT] - rhoward2va - 1:18pm on 12/31/17
- I use my silicon brushes all the time., a quick rinse under hot water is all they need! [NT] - KarenNoCA - 3:33pm on 12/31/17
- Made my list, but still don't know: Can madeleines be baked/frozen? - Anna_X - 6:13pm on 01/01/18
- Yes you can freeze after baking. - CathyZ from Kauai - 8:30pm on 01/01/18
- Thank you! Have a wonderful New Year, Obi Wan! [NT] - Anna_X - 8:39pm on 01/01/18
- I didn't read all the replies, but yes Madeleine, there is a place on Earth for you. - Richard in Cincy - 4:15am on 01/04/18
- Yes, sir, only the good butter, I promise! [NT] - Anna_X - 4:51am on 01/04/18