Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|CathyZ from Kauai||
Paul I made a batch of roasted garbanzo beans yesterday
Joined: Dec 10, 2005
Posted to Thread #30059 at 3:45 pm on Dec 31, 2017
dried them out between paper towels (the skins popped off so picked them all out) then roasted at 475 for 25 min. with a light coating of olive oil. I found some of them were crispy all the way through but others were crispy on the outside but still kind of soft inside. No matter because they are delicious but I think I might use my hair dryer (don't laugh!) after drying between paper towels to dry them further- or maybe put in my veggie dehydrator for a couple hours before oiling and popping in the oven. I love spicy so I mixed this up and used about a T on the garbanzos after roasting:
1 T Chipotle powder, 1 T garlic powder, 1-1/2 tsp smoked paprika, 1-1/2 tsp salt, 1 T Cumin.
I will certainly try again soon- love the nutty crunch. Thanks for posting this great idea.
Other messages in this thread:
- 30059. Paul I made a batch of roasted garbanzo beans yesterday - CathyZ from Kauai - 3:45pm on 12/31/17 (11)
- Great idea re: drying them prior to roasting. I made a batch a few years ago w/ indian spices. - barb_b - 4:12pm on 12/31/17
- awesome. I like the hair dryer idea - pmassell_93 - 5:24pm on 12/31/17
- Me too! [NT] - deb-in-MI - 5:28pm on 12/31/17
- Oh...when you get them the way you like it, dust with Ras el Hanout spice [LINK] - MarilynFL - 9:42pm on 12/31/17
- I like frying them in a 1/2 " of oil. It is faster to get them crisp & they don't soak much oil [NT] - Melissa Dallas - 2:21am on 01/01/18
- We do this too BUT - dangerous - pmassell_93 - 2:38am on 01/01/18
- Made another batch. This time got the results I wanted - CathyZ from Kauai - 3:23pm on 01/01/18
- what temp ? [NT] - pmassell_93 - 7:54pm on 01/01/18
- 475 but may be crunchier than what you like. I love it though. [NT] - CathyZ from Kauai - 8:27pm on 01/01/18
- I will try it - pmassell_93 - 8:47pm on 01/01/18
- As I'm sure most of you know, I love the "AUTHENTIC!" recipes coming out of Betty Crockerstan... - Richard in Cincy - 4:10am on 01/04/18