Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Oh...when you get them the way you like it, dust with Ras el Hanout spice
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #30059 at 9:42 pm on Dec 31, 2017
Totally, totally addictive.
I've usually purchased this spice pre-made, but the last batch I bought at World Market was WAY too spicy. Think I might try this version next.
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground coriander seeds
1/2 teaspoon cayenne
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
In a small bowl whisk together all ingredients until combined well. Spice blend keeps in an airtight container at cool room temperature 1 month.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
Other messages in this thread:
- 30059. Paul I made a batch of roasted garbanzo beans yesterday - CathyZ from Kauai - 3:45pm on 12/31/17 (11)
- Great idea re: drying them prior to roasting. I made a batch a few years ago w/ indian spices. - barb_b - 4:12pm on 12/31/17
- awesome. I like the hair dryer idea - pmassell_93 - 5:24pm on 12/31/17
- Me too! [NT] - deb-in-MI - 5:28pm on 12/31/17
- Oh...when you get them the way you like it, dust with Ras el Hanout spice [LINK] - MarilynFL - 9:42pm on 12/31/17
- I like frying them in a 1/2 " of oil. It is faster to get them crisp & they don't soak much oil [NT] - Melissa Dallas - 2:21am on 01/01/18
- We do this too BUT - dangerous - pmassell_93 - 2:38am on 01/01/18
- Made another batch. This time got the results I wanted - CathyZ from Kauai - 3:23pm on 01/01/18
- what temp ? [NT] - pmassell_93 - 7:54pm on 01/01/18
- 475 but may be crunchier than what you like. I love it though. [NT] - CathyZ from Kauai - 8:27pm on 01/01/18
- I will try it - pmassell_93 - 8:47pm on 01/01/18
- As I'm sure most of you know, I love the "AUTHENTIC!" recipes coming out of Betty Crockerstan... - Richard in Cincy - 4:10am on 01/04/18