Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Richard in Cincy||
Have to share
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #30066 at 4:36 am on Jan 4, 2018
I shared this with Cathy last week about how out of control I've been:
I chopped up 3 t-bones from the discount bin into mince. Stirred in sautéed garlic, mushrooms, and onions, some Henry Bain Sauce, eggs, cream and patted out to a rectangle. Sprinkle with crumbled Stilton, arrange smoked oysters, roll up.
Roll puff pastry into a size to wrap the finished stuffed t-bone roll. Spread pate over the surface of the pastry, put the t-bone roll on the pastry and wrap the pastry up and around. Bake. Oink.
Tonight is Julia’s Bifteck (I pulled out 4 1-lb. Porterhouse Steaks from the discount bin for $4/each!!!!) Saute au Buerre with cognac butter pan sauce, deep-fried beer-battered butterflied shrimp, Julia’s Sauteed Potatoes, avocado salads, Manhattans.
For Christmas we went out for the most expensive dinner of our life ($650.). We had full caviar course with champagne. We don't live in Manhattan with the $2-3,000 chef table "SUPPLEMENT" dinners and we don't need to be robbed that way. We'll be in NYC in May and I guarantee you I will be out in the native spots dining like a god, and not being robbed by the <sigh> NYC three-stars.
New York Times is doing an amazing job describing the local immigrant food and where to find it.
But what I want to know: Where can I find the old-school NYC 70's cold sesame noodles? I've looked for them in previous trips to NYC, but I can't find them. Are there any places still serving them?
I really miss those days.
Other messages in this thread:
- 30066. Have to share - Richard in Cincy - 4:36am on 01/04/18 (5)
- Wow, I would love a slab of your Meatloaf of Death! it sounds amazing! [NT] - Heather_in_SF - 7:06pm on 01/05/18
- I've had a head cold for 6 days and last night's dinner was microwave mash potatoes. Richard, I'd - MarilynFL - 3:04pm on 01/07/18
- Wow! You are on culinary fire! Both in your kitchen and on Christmas at the restaurant!~ Hope - barb_b - 7:00pm on 01/07/18
- Meatloaf Wellington! This sounds wonderful! [NT] - LisainLA - 2:38am on 01/11/18
- What creative entrees & meals! U are one excellent cook/chef, Richard. I'm more than impressed. [NT] - wigs - 6:00pm on 01/11/18