Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
I hesitently tried pasta for the first time
Joined: Dec 31, 1969
Posted to Thread #30068 at 12:10 am on Jan 6, 2018
I've been doing pasta my whole life and spent a lot of time with my stickler Italian grandfather and awesome Irish grandmother who was trained by her inlaws who really put her through the ringer back in those days but ultimately triumphed to become the best Italian cook in the family (she added some Irish secrets to her calzones)...
I was really anticipating a fail here. not bragging but it came out perfect... Two bags of the Garafolo Casarecce from Costco. I did a mix of water and homemade sauce just enough to cover it. High pressure 4 minutes. it had just enough al dente and no gooey-ness and absorbed some flavor from my sauce. I'm almost embarrassed to say that it was the best pasta I ever made short of when I've done it from scratch.
I got the 8 QT, btw.
Other messages in this thread:
- I don't know if it's magical - but as a recent recipient of one [LINK] - emtd - 8:52pm on 01/04/18
- link to beef stew in the instant pot [LINK] - emtd - 8:53pm on 01/04/18
- This is the one I'm gonna do. Instant Pot chicken pho - Charley - 9:44pm on 01/04/18
- Congratulations on your success, Paul! - colleenmomof2 - 8:13pm on 01/05/18
- I hesitently tried pasta for the first time - pmassell_93 - 12:10am on 01/06/18
- Pasta, beans and yogurt are still on my IP-TTD list - colleenmomof2 - 9:21pm on 01/06/18
- I should also say that I pick my poison so to speak - pmassell_93 - 12:40am on 01/06/18
- Experimenting and not taking any failure as absolute - colleenmomof2 - 9:07pm on 01/06/18
- I tried lemon risotto. It was a bit too wet. Will try 4 minutes - emtd - 9:48pm on 01/06/18
- Me, too! The possibility/probability for perfect IP risotto exists! - colleenmomof2 - 10:07pm on 01/06/18
- The attached article and recipe is quite in-depth. I don't know enough yet [LINK] - emtd - 11:03pm on 01/06/18
- Yes~! Game changer at our home! Thanks for the rec; printed out! [NT] - barb_b - 7:03pm on 01/07/18