Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
I should also say that I pick my poison so to speak
Joined: Dec 31, 1969
Posted to Thread #30068 at 12:40 am on Jan 6, 2018
I have not tried eggs. For veggies I learned my lesson in the Power Pressure Cooker. All of my initial attempts were way overcooked so I started cutting any vegetables extra large if they were going in the pressure cooker. Even then I put some bagged organic veggies from Costco in the Instant Pot a few nights ago and they were good but a little overcooked.
The vast majority of my use of the pressure cooker(s) has been for:
rice & rice dishes like Spanish rice, beans, bone broth & stocks
The beans I do with pretty much 100% success rate by going high pressure for 1 1/2 - 2 hours. These are non-pre-soaked, dried beans. I usually do them in some sort of broth or stock and not straight water. I really like adding tomatoes which end up as a sort of gravy. I use the La Victoria salsa for this because it is a fairly neutral salsa in terms of spices i.e. not full of cumin or other such and just has vegetable ingredients and no "natural flavors" or other garbage. For beans I also add a healthy amount of vinegar
Right now I have a freezer full of bones and broths that I've made in the pressure cooker and pull them out for beans or other purposes.
Other messages in this thread:
- I don't know if it's magical - but as a recent recipient of one [LINK] - emtd - 8:52pm on 01/04/18
- link to beef stew in the instant pot [LINK] - emtd - 8:53pm on 01/04/18
- This is the one I'm gonna do. Instant Pot chicken pho - Charley - 9:44pm on 01/04/18
- Congratulations on your success, Paul! - colleenmomof2 - 8:13pm on 01/05/18
- I hesitently tried pasta for the first time - pmassell_93 - 12:10am on 01/06/18
- Pasta, beans and yogurt are still on my IP-TTD list - colleenmomof2 - 9:21pm on 01/06/18
- I should also say that I pick my poison so to speak - pmassell_93 - 12:40am on 01/06/18
- Experimenting and not taking any failure as absolute - colleenmomof2 - 9:07pm on 01/06/18
- I tried lemon risotto. It was a bit too wet. Will try 4 minutes - emtd - 9:48pm on 01/06/18
- Me, too! The possibility/probability for perfect IP risotto exists! - colleenmomof2 - 10:07pm on 01/06/18
- The attached article and recipe is quite in-depth. I don't know enough yet [LINK] - emtd - 11:03pm on 01/06/18
- Yes~! Game changer at our home! Thanks for the rec; printed out! [NT] - barb_b - 7:03pm on 01/07/18