Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
A non-stick is fine for me. Still needs some grease (preferably bacon). I bought
Joined: Aug 15, 2007
Posted to Thread #30083 at 12:53 am on Jan 10, 2018
my husband a small T-fal non-stick pan that is THE most non-stick pan I have ever encountered. It really doesn't need grease (but I do). For me, the secret of scrambled eggs is that the pan has to be the correct "hot" when you add the eggs. Mine start to curdle when they go in the pan and then get stirred from there. I prefer large "curds" and a bit soft.
I got an 8" variety of this. It is REALLY good. It seems very light weight--and it is. It flat works.
I will add that you can fry eggs in this with zero grease. THAT is non-stick!!
Other messages in this thread:
- 30083. ISO best pan to make scrambled eggs. I've tried a bunch, and nothing is really working for me.... [NT] - barb_b - 8:58pm on 01/09/18 (12)
- A well seasoned cast iron, or good non-stick [NT] - cheezz - 10:43pm on 01/09/18
- I second the cast iron pan. [NT] - judy-mass - 10:48pm on 01/09/18
- +1 [NT] - pmassell_93 - 11:09pm on 01/09/18
- A non-stick is fine for me. Still needs some grease (preferably bacon). I bought - Charley - 12:53am on 01/10/18
- Thanks much! I'll give the cast iron a second/third try... And I just put the t-fal in my cart [NT] - barb_b - 1:03pm on 01/10/18
- I don't think you will regret it. I was totally amazed, but do not be put off - Charley - 3:03pm on 01/10/18
- I love my Tramontina pans I bought from Costco. Non-stick and very successful - LisainLA - 2:37am on 01/11/18
- We are big fans of Tramontina too! Just bought my niece an 8 piece set. But the stainless ones [NT] - deb-in-MI - 12:44pm on 01/11/18
- Can these pans go in the oven? I read reviews about the three piece set Amazon - KarenNoCA - 4:34pm on 01/11/18
- Years ago, I bought of the "green pans" from a local kitchen shop and have been very disappointed. [NT] - KarenNoCA - 4:35pm on 01/11/18
- YES!! Those are the pans that are just not working for me! Completely agree Karen. Worked - barb_b - 10:29pm on 01/14/18
- French T-Fal with removable handles (Ingenio) can then go into the oven if scramble becomes fritatta [NT] - Marg CDN2 - 9:10pm on 01/13/18