Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
made this today in the IP
Joined: Dec 31, 1969
Posted to Thread #30085 at 10:34 pm on Jan 11, 2018
I used a turkey stock instead of chicken because I have several of these in my freezer and they need to get used.
I used the saute setting for the initial step. Then pressure next. I did not wait for natural release. After opening I used the stick blender right in the pot then added the remaining ingredients at the end and again used the saute setting after adding the milk to get it heated through - careful not to boil.
It came out nice. I expect it will be "very nice" next time but in this case I bought this big tin jug of Kadoya Sesame Oil from Japan but the flavor is really strong. It has an almost smoky quality. It kind of overpowered the other flavors so next time I'll either use a different sesame oil or just use a small fraction and maybe cut it with peanut oil since it also has peanut butter.
I also got to wondering if you could substitute Szechwan peppercorns in place of red pepper flakes and I think I will try that next time I make it. Thank you for the recipe recommendation as I will definitely be doing this more.
Other messages in this thread:
- 30085. This was perfect for a cold night. Rec: Carrot Szechwan soup I used the IP [LINK] - barb_b - 11:13pm on 01/10/18 (9)
- looks good what steps did you take for IP? [NT] - pmassell_93 - 11:19pm on 01/10/18
- for IP: is that 7 minutes on pressure, followed by natural pressure release? - Tess - 2:43am on 01/11/18
- Also, do you think I can skip the milk? I have everything else... [NT] - Tess - 2:43am on 01/11/18
- Not sure about leaving the milk out--this would be a good place to have a can - Charley - 2:44pm on 01/11/18
- made this today in the IP - pmassell_93 - 10:34pm on 01/11/18
- Do you mean even a tsp of sesame oil in the amount of liquid in this overpowered it? - Charley - 12:49am on 01/12/18
- actually I doubled the recipe and now I see that I misread it as tablespoons! [NT] - pmassell_93 - 1:18am on 01/12/18
- How about some coconut milk? [NT] - judy-mass - 8:28pm on 01/11/18
- today I made an alternate of this to accomodate food allergies - pmassell_93 - 10:48pm on 01/20/18