Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Richard in Cincy||
Depends on what I'm doing with it.
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #29988 at 11:20 pm on Jan 12, 2018
I would guess that most roasts contain less fat than commercial ground beef which is 20% fat. I watched a local grocery making the hamburger back when they used to do that. They had a huge tub of chunks of fat they were grinding up with the meat cuts.
I trim what I need for what I'm doing and what the roast is like. It's an amazing deal doing it this way and as I said, the quality of the product is miles past the mystery grind of your average supermarket ground beef which could come from many different slaughterhouses by the time it's all ground up in those big factories and packaged.
Other messages in this thread:
- 29988. Don't trust Google....... :-D - EvaN - 8:48am on 11/26/17 (13)
- Every time I go to the store, meat cost more. Ground beef for $8? Chicken breasts for $8? - MarilynFL - 3:49pm on 11/26/17
- Grind your own. My best purchase this year, other than getting a top of the - Janet in NC - 11:15pm on 11/26/17
- You know, Janet, that's an excellent point. Now that I think of it, the very, very best - MarilynFL - 4:38pm on 11/27/17
- I do that... - Richard in Cincy - 1:43am on 12/02/17
- Do you use all the fat that comes with those meat cuts? Some roasts are very fatty. [NT] - cheezz - 5:27pm on 12/04/17
- Depends on what I'm doing with it. - Richard in Cincy - 11:20pm on 01/12/18
- I just Googled "how much does a half a pig weigh and got this... - KarenNoCA - 6:02pm on 11/26/17
- I think the pigs over here are smaller. I have learned that an average pig is about 200 pounds here. [NT] - EvaN - 6:59am on 11/28/17
- I would totally agree about that but the seller of your pig would have done you a favor - Charley - 4:58pm on 11/28/17
- does your friend age the beef before selling it to you? - pmassell_93 - 5:17pm on 11/28/17
- Learn something new every single day. [NT] - MarilynFL - 4:38pm on 11/29/17
- apparently now the big thing is "gas packing" - pmassell_93 - 4:56pm on 11/29/17
- Oh, yes! In my childhood, my dad and a couple of his friends raised a steer and then - Charley - 5:25pm on 11/29/17