Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Milk-braised pork loin.
Joined: Oct 13, 2010
Posted to Thread #30088 at 9:00 pm on Jan 13, 2018
Well that wasn't what I meant. It's what I'm making tomorrow.
Pork Chops Citron
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 pork chops, shoulder, fat on
Salt & pepper
1 shallot minced
1/4 c. white wine
1 tablespoon capers
1 triple branch thyme
zest of ½ lemon plus some juice
Season the chops with salt and pepper.
Heat the oil and butter in a sauté pan and cook the chops on medium high on both sides until brown and only partially cooked, about 2 minutes per side. When the chops are done, slide them onto a plate. Cover to keep warm.
Reduce heat to medium low and add the shallot to the pan and saute to soften, about 2 minutes. Increase heat to medium; deglaze the pan with the wine. Boil down to about 2 tablespoons.
Add the capers, thyme and lemon zest, cooking 1 minute. Add a squirt of lemon juice to taste. Check the seasonings. Dribble the sauce over the chops and serve.
Other messages in this thread:
- 30088. Costco's current sale "pork loin top loin pork chops boneless". What to do with them? - Anna_X - 6:54pm on 01/13/18 (14)
- Those are thick. You could pound them thin and make pork picatta or marsala. - Charley - 8:37pm on 01/13/18
- Milk-braised pork loin. - Marg CDN2 - 9:00pm on 01/13/18
- Sound delicious but your recipe uses fatty shoulder. I'm hoping to deal with top loin. [NT] - Anna_X - 1:21am on 01/14/18
- My go-to for boneless pork loiin chops is this Rec: Pork Milanese, but I [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 4:01am on 01/14/18
- Sounds delicious! Thanks! [NT] - Anna_X - 3:37am on 01/15/18
- Wienerschnitzel! - Richard in Cincy - 9:20pm on 01/14/18
- Yes, I'm going to find a plumbers mallet tomorrow. Great idea! [NT] - Anna_X - 3:38am on 01/15/18
- Make a slit and stuff with red pepper, fontina, basil leaves; grill. [NT] - Marg CDN2 - 9:39pm on 01/14/18
- Would you bother brining it to make it moister? [NT] - Anna_X - 3:38am on 01/15/18
- Brining the pork is a really good idea. Playing on the stuffed idea you could also - Charley - 12:11pm on 01/15/18
- I have not brined them. I've done this once and it works because of the BBQ. It is originally - Marg CDN2 - 5:36am on 01/16/18
- Revelations about center pork chops: tried weinerschnitzel, Milanesa, and brining. - Anna_X - 9:37pm on 01/17/18
- Congrats on your success, Anna. You'd fit right in working at - Pat-NoCal - 12:59am on 01/18/18
- Your mallet did the job. I like this kind for some kinds of meat tenderizing - Charley - 11:22am on 01/18/18