Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
I haven’t eaten it, but several recipes mention heating it and then pouring milk over the top
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #30090 at 7:42 am on Jan 15, 2018
I’m not really an oatmeal person, but a lot of these recipes I’m seeing for baked oatmeal are all about being able to cut them in squares or bake them in muffin tins so you can take them to work or school. Which to me sounds even more gross than regular oatmeal, unless that oatmeal has a bucket of brown sugar in it, which Is why I don’t eat oatmeal on a regular basis because I want that bucket of brown sugar in it. I have seen people suggest When one gets to work warm it up and then pour some milk over it, preferably Almond milk because all these people are into being extra “healthy.” I’ve heard it mentioned that the baked oatmeal is firmer than normal oatmeal, which one would expect from oatmeal you can cut into squares.
The man who carries a cat by the tail learns something that can be learned in no other way. - MTwain
Other messages in this thread:
- 30090. Can someone describe what *baked Amish oatmeal* is supposed to taste like?? - MarilynFL - 6:11pm on 01/14/18 (8)
- Smitten Kitchen's Baked Oatmeal with Caramelized Pears and Vanilla Cream [LINK] - MarilynFL - 6:23pm on 01/14/18
- If you use LOOK INSIDE at the Amazon link, you can find the oatmeal recipe and photo. [NT] - MarilynFL - 6:45pm on 01/14/18
- To me the photo shows some pretty dry oatmeal - CathyZ from Kauai - 10:56pm on 01/14/18
- My $.02 worth, and as one who grew up on a farm near one of the Ohio Amish compounds... - Richard in Cincy - 1:44am on 01/15/18
- Just like every other recipe title right now has "cast iron" - Melissa Dallas - 3:44pm on 01/15/18
- I haven’t eaten it, but several recipes mention heating it and then pouring milk over the top - MariaDNoCA - 7:42am on 01/15/18
- Looked at a bunch of "plain" recipes (no pears) and they all seem to similar. I REALLY - Charley - 12:39pm on 01/15/18
- Thanks all. Buying more pears to caramelize and sticking with my crock pot almond steel oats. [NT] - MarilynFL - 6:39pm on 01/15/18