Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Looked at a bunch of "plain" recipes (no pears) and they all seem to similar. I REALLY
Joined: Aug 15, 2007
Posted to Thread #30090 at 12:39 pm on Jan 15, 2018
don't get the egg in them, which sort of makes me think it really might be an Amish breakfast recipe--get the whole meal in a dish, get ready to work for the day. BUT if you get pinterest, there is a whole "cottage" industry of "amish" recipes. Who knows. ;o)
It is also surprising that they use regular oats (not quick cooking, which are NOT instant) in many of these recipes since those really do take longer to cook.
SO maybe it is supposed to be chewy. Agree that the picture looks really dry.
Back to stovetop cooked oatmeal!! LOL
Other messages in this thread:
- 30090. Can someone describe what *baked Amish oatmeal* is supposed to taste like?? - MarilynFL - 6:11pm on 01/14/18 (8)
- Smitten Kitchen's Baked Oatmeal with Caramelized Pears and Vanilla Cream [LINK] - MarilynFL - 6:23pm on 01/14/18
- If you use LOOK INSIDE at the Amazon link, you can find the oatmeal recipe and photo. [NT] - MarilynFL - 6:45pm on 01/14/18
- To me the photo shows some pretty dry oatmeal - CathyZ from Kauai - 10:56pm on 01/14/18
- My $.02 worth, and as one who grew up on a farm near one of the Ohio Amish compounds... - Richard in Cincy - 1:44am on 01/15/18
- Just like every other recipe title right now has "cast iron" - Melissa Dallas - 3:44pm on 01/15/18
- I haven’t eaten it, but several recipes mention heating it and then pouring milk over the top - MariaDNoCA - 7:42am on 01/15/18
- Looked at a bunch of "plain" recipes (no pears) and they all seem to similar. I REALLY - Charley - 12:39pm on 01/15/18
- Thanks all. Buying more pears to caramelize and sticking with my crock pot almond steel oats. [NT] - MarilynFL - 6:39pm on 01/15/18