Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Revelations about center pork chops: tried weinerschnitzel, Milanesa, and brining.
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #30088 at 9:37 pm on Jan 17, 2018
First off, I got myself a plumber's mallet for just a few dollars. Knocked out a simple weinerschnitzel with some Bavarian spices. That clued me in to the advantges of beating the pork. (No jokes, guys). Next, i made Pat's Milanesa. Very tasty and I will make again. However, both of those were breaded and fried, so they may not be cooked often.
Next, I brined cut-in-half pieces for a few hours in a cider brine and finished with a maple-mustard sauce. I still have four pieces to try brined and on the grill tonight.
These were the first time I've NOT ended up with tough, dried out center pork loins. Thank you all for your great suggestions!
Other messages in this thread:
- 30088. Costco's current sale "pork loin top loin pork chops boneless". What to do with them? - Anna_X - 6:54pm on 01/13/18 (14)
- Those are thick. You could pound them thin and make pork picatta or marsala. - Charley - 8:37pm on 01/13/18
- Milk-braised pork loin. - Marg CDN2 - 9:00pm on 01/13/18
- Sound delicious but your recipe uses fatty shoulder. I'm hoping to deal with top loin. [NT] - Anna_X - 1:21am on 01/14/18
- My go-to for boneless pork loiin chops is this Rec: Pork Milanese, but I [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 4:01am on 01/14/18
- Sounds delicious! Thanks! [NT] - Anna_X - 3:37am on 01/15/18
- Wienerschnitzel! - Richard in Cincy - 9:20pm on 01/14/18
- Yes, I'm going to find a plumbers mallet tomorrow. Great idea! [NT] - Anna_X - 3:38am on 01/15/18
- Make a slit and stuff with red pepper, fontina, basil leaves; grill. [NT] - Marg CDN2 - 9:39pm on 01/14/18
- Would you bother brining it to make it moister? [NT] - Anna_X - 3:38am on 01/15/18
- Brining the pork is a really good idea. Playing on the stuffed idea you could also - Charley - 12:11pm on 01/15/18
- I have not brined them. I've done this once and it works because of the BBQ. It is originally - Marg CDN2 - 5:36am on 01/16/18
- Revelations about center pork chops: tried weinerschnitzel, Milanesa, and brining. - Anna_X - 9:37pm on 01/17/18
- Congrats on your success, Anna. You'd fit right in working at - Pat-NoCal - 12:59am on 01/18/18
- Your mallet did the job. I like this kind for some kinds of meat tenderizing - Charley - 11:22am on 01/18/18