Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
They say that water alone is not enough to get rid of salmonella
Joined: Jul 17, 2006
Posted to Thread #30093 at 8:08 pm on Jan 22, 2018
Though in reading the FDA guidelines, it sure is confusing...
"Will rinsing fruits and vegetables get rid of salmonella?
Rinsing tainted fruits and vegetables probably won't get rid of salmonella, according to the FDA. In general, it's important to handle foods safely. That generally means rinsing raw, whole fruits and vegetables under running water and, if you choose, scrubbing them with a small vegetable brush to remove surface dirt. It also means that when you cook foods, you cook them thoroughly."
Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out, but I can usually shut her up with cookies!
Other messages in this thread:
- 30093. Is it safe to buy romaine yet? Been very quiet. [NT] - Anna_X - 7:37pm on 01/19/18 (10)
- Our neighborhood market, which has gone mostly organic has romaine, and purple leaf - KarenNoCA - 8:56pm on 01/19/18
- what method are you using to clean your vegetables at home? [NT] - pmassell_93 - 9:33pm on 01/19/18
- I have a spray bottle filled with a mixture of vinegar and water. I spray then rinse. [NT] [LINK] - CynUpstateNY - 2:47pm on 01/20/18
- I use this veggie wash that I buy at Publix in the veggie dept. [NT] [LINK] - orchid - 7:31pm on 01/21/18
- I have used the same method to clean raw produce for over 60 years and have not [LINK] - KarenNoCA - 5:12pm on 01/21/18
- They say that water alone is not enough to get rid of salmonella - cheezz - 8:08pm on 01/22/18
- Another discussion on this subject by Modern Farmer [NT] [LINK] - KarenNoCA - 8:36pm on 01/21/18
- Good article but I take exception to the phrase "vinegar is disgusting"! ;-) [NT] - CynUpstateNY - 1:23am on 01/22/18
- THank you. That is exactly how I feel about washing produce! [NT] - Charley - 12:32pm on 01/22/18
- Good Question Anna. Our local supermarket never removed romaine from the shelves, yet a local - barb_b - 1:09pm on 01/24/18