Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Get thee to Publix in the International aisle for Maya Kaimal prepared sauces. They are wonderful
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #30096 at 12:20 am on Jan 23, 2018
Buy boneless chicken. Cut up into 1" pieces. Marinate for 30-60 minutes in a mix using 1 8 oz carton of unsweetened yogurt (I use Fage) with salt, pepper and 1 TBL lemon juice. I typically add a tsp of jarred Garam Masala spice blend, but she probably won't have that.
Saute chicken pieces, add sauce and simmer until chicken is done (usually less than 20 minutes). Serve over rice, basmati if you can.
I really like the mild Butter blended with medium hot JALFREZI CURRY. But either one by itself is still good.
Also, I saute onion and carrots to stretch it out.
Top with cilantro leaves. I usually serve with slices of lime.
Jesus saves. Buddha recycles.
Other messages in this thread:
- 30096. A friend of mine wrote and asked if I knew of any Indian recipes - Marsha tbay - 8:25pm on 01/22/18 (21)
- Raita is about as simple as it gets. - judy-mass - 8:33pm on 01/22/18
- Another easy one is Chicken Sag - judy-mass - 8:37pm on 01/22/18
- An easy Butter Chicken - Pam - 9:42pm on 01/22/18
- Get thee to Publix in the International aisle for Maya Kaimal prepared sauces. They are wonderful [LINK] - MarilynFL - 12:20am on 01/23/18
- Oh. I hope your friend has a Publix near her. I've also seen Maya at other stores. [NT] - MarilynFL - 12:26am on 01/23/18
- Patak's Sauces & Pastes are also very, very good and authentic [NT] - Melissa Dallas - 2:41am on 01/23/18
- If not Publix I think almost all supers of any size have these dinner sauces now and - Charley - 12:18pm on 01/23/18
- Naan bread makes a great pizza too! [NT] - deb-in-MI - 11:16am on 01/25/18
- Rec:. Hamburger curry - rhoward2va - 12:24pm on 01/23/18
- Made this last night. Very good! I used ground chicken; 1/2 can of chopped toms and of course - barb_b - 1:20pm on 01/26/18
- Thanks for the report out, sounds good! [NT] - deb-in-MI - 2:56pm on 01/26/18
- You're very welcome. I got this recipe from a friend who lived in India for - rhoward2va - 9:59pm on 01/26/18
- I'll would love to take a look at the naan recipe. Although yeast scares me. [NT] - barb_b - 8:21pm on 01/27/18
- Barb_b - So easy. Recipe: Naan - rhoward2va - 10:30pm on 01/28/18
- Thanks for rec! I'll give it a whirl next time I make the curry. Much appreciated. [NT] - barb_b - 11:02pm on 01/30/18
- Sorry late! CI's Chicken Tikka posted by deb-in-MI [LINK] - colleenmomof2 - 3:17pm on 01/26/18
- Kheema Matar. Looks like a lot of work but it isn't - Marg CDN2 - 1:10am on 03/23/18
- using bottled biryani - Marg CDN2 - 1:11am on 03/23/18
- Easiest of all is just a thing that I do, but everyone asks for the recipe - Marg CDN2 - 1:13am on 03/23/18
- Madhur Jaffrey's samosas without the pastry. Makes a wonderful veg side. - Marg CDN2 - 1:14am on 03/23/18
- Yikes. I looked at the date and saw 22, never thinking that this was 2 months old. We aren't as - Marg CDN2 - 4:48am on 03/23/18