Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Actually, that isn't the original recipe...
Joined: Dec 10, 2005
Posted to Thread #30095 at 12:43 am on Jan 24, 2018
This one is from the Boston Globe, when Jordan Marsh was still in business.
It is the only blueberry muffin recipe my kids like.
No "shortening" and use regular AP flour. I tend to just use a pint of blueberries and skip the mashed berries part.
* Exported from MasterCook *
Jordan Marsh Blueberry Muffins
Recipe By :Boston Globe
Serving Size : 18
Categories : Breads Breakfast/Brunch
Tried & True
Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1/2 Cup Butter
1 Cup Sugar
1/2 Cup 1% Milk
2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
2 Cups Flour
2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
2 Cups Blueberries
2 Teaspoons Cinnamon Sugar
On low speed, cream butter and sugar together until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, and mix until blended. Mix in the vanilla. Stir dry ingredients into creamed mixture, alternately with milk, ending with dry ingredients. Gently fold in the blueberries.
Line muffin cups with papers or grease well. Spoon batter into pans, mounding batter slightly. Sprinkle tops lightly with cinnamon sugar and bake in a 375° oven for 30 minutes. Cool in the pan for about 30 minutes.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 162 Calories; 6g Fat (32.6% calories from fat); 3g Protein; 25g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 38mg Cholesterol; 178mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 0 Fruit; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 1 Fat; 1 Other Carbohydrates.
Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Every good dish deserves a good pot.
Other messages in this thread:
- 30095. Who won the O versus SK blueberry & butter face-off? Yotam, of course. - MarilynFL - 11:04pm on 01/21/18 (23)
- Lemon, Blueberry and Almond Teacakes from SWEET by Yotam Ottolenghi and Helen Goh [LINK] - MarilynFL - 11:05pm on 01/21/18
- Thank you Marilyn! [NT] - deb-in-MI - 3:07pm on 01/22/18
- Yes, thank you!! But there was no link or photo available at Amazon [NT] - cheezz - 8:05pm on 01/22/18
- Cheezz. Click on the book at the bottom of the page search inside this book will appear - GayR - 11:38pm on 01/22/18
- cheezz, if you're looking at Amazon on your phone, I don't think the LOOK INSIDE pops up. Follow Gay - MarilynFL - 12:24am on 01/23/18
- This image is very close [NT] [LINK] - MarilynFL - 12:34am on 01/23/18
- MarilynFL, Corrections from publisher for "Sweet" [NT] [LINK] - GayR - 1:11am on 01/23/18
- Oh my goodness that’s a lot of corrections! What, didn’t they proofread it at all? [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 5:57am on 01/23/18
- Thank you, Gay. I agree with Maria. They must have rushed this to market, but I still - MarilynFL - 4:41pm on 01/23/18
- Very welcome, Marilyn. I find this very disheartening especially for someone that is a - GayR - 5:07pm on 01/23/18
- Happy discovery: I had a relapse and didn't eat the last two. Microwaved one this - MarilynFL - 4:39pm on 01/23/18
- Well, guess we both had blueberries on the mind: The real Jordan marsh blueberry muffins REC [LINK] - MariaDNoCA - 10:50pm on 01/23/18
- Actually, that isn't the original recipe... - judy-mass - 12:43am on 01/24/18
- Did you see the link that includes an interview w retired baker? This is from him. - MariaDNoCA - 7:03am on 01/24/18
- I'd trust yours--I can't imagine using bread flour as the other recipe does since the - Charley - 12:50pm on 01/24/18
- [NT] - judy-mass - 1:14pm on 01/24/18
- Well bread flour does have a higher protein count than ap, but pastry flour is lower than ap. [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 2:31pm on 01/24/18
- Finished Muffins from above recipe [NT] [IMAGE] - MariaDNoCA - 2:40pm on 01/24/18
- Deconstructed muffin aka cut open [NT] [IMAGE] - MariaDNoCA - 2:44pm on 01/24/18
- So beautiful! [NT] - deb-in-MI - 6:07pm on 01/24/18
- Aw man...now I'm back to wanting the perfect blueberry muffin. Still keeping that teacake though. [NT] - MarilynFL - 3:58pm on 01/25/18
- OT - Thanks, Mar and deb-in-MI! Wonderful shrimp and grits [LINK] - colleenmomof2 - 3:40pm on 01/26/18
- :) [NT] - deb-in-MI - 4:21pm on 01/26/18