Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Round 2 went better, but I'm still not all that impressed with my efforts. These look and taste
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #30150 at 9:45 pm on Mar 6, 2018
like really good crescent rolls.
NOT what I was going for after this much effort.
I'm going to research a few more recipes, starting with Julia's. One issue is the size of the cut dough. I think it's much too small to end up with a bakery size croissant (3.5 base of the triangle by 6" high. Base is then manually stretched to five inches and height lengthened to seven inches.
I left the dough to thaw in the refrigerator overnight and it was pliable but not rising today, so that was better. Proofing also went better this time, but it only needed 40 minutes to poof up, not 1.5 hours.
Jesus saves. Buddha recycles.
Other messages in this thread:
- 30150. My Big Fat Flat Croissant Disaster - MarilynFL - 5:26pm on 03/04/18 (11)
- sorry it went that way that is so frustrating - pmassell_93 - 7:32pm on 03/04/18
- Sorry about the croissants but you really made me laugh! [NT] - CynUpstateNY - 8:37pm on 03/04/18
- You probably won't like my suggestion but I'd use a different recipe next time. - CathyZ from Kauai - 11:21pm on 03/04/18
- Oh Marilyn, so sorry! - deb-in-MI - 12:03pm on 03/05/18
- Wow, that recipe sounds so complicated. Very work intensive. If there is one thing I have learned - KarenNoCA - 8:07pm on 03/05/18
- Since you have the pastry why not try to make cronuts!! - Charley - 12:23pm on 03/06/18
- Round 2 went better, but I'm still not all that impressed with my efforts. These look and taste - MarilynFL - 9:45pm on 03/06/18
- If interested - this is supposed to be a full demo of Gesine croissants [LINK] - deb-in-MI - 11:19am on 03/07/18
- Welcome to the I failed croissant’s club! Did you watch the Gesine video first [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 10:53pm on 03/11/18
- I remember yours looking beautiful! I started watching AFTER the fact, but it was an hour and - MarilynFL - 12:14am on 03/12/18
- They only looked good on the outside. It was downhill after that :-( [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 6:31am on 03/16/18