Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
My thanks to everyone who weighed in on celery root (celeriac). I tried it as a puree and yes, it's
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #30155 at 1:57 pm on Mar 10, 2018
I picked up a book at the library called Cúrate, noticing the similarity to a famous tapas bar in Asheville.
So, yes...a bit slow on the uptake. Cúrate IS the new cookbook for the restaurant, owned and chef'd by James Beard finalist Katie Button and her husband Félix, both of whom worked at elBulli near Bilboa, Spain.
Yep. That elBulli.
Anyway, she included a celery root puree that is served under a roasted cauliflower and Brussel sprout dish. I found the cauliflower recipe online, so I just copied it over with my added notes.
Enjoy and thanks again for urging me on to a new favorite food.
Jesus saves. Buddha recycles.
Other messages in this thread:
- 30155. My thanks to everyone who weighed in on celery root (celeriac). I tried it as a puree and yes, it's [LINK] - MarilynFL - 1:57pm on 03/10/18 (9)
- Sautéed Bread Crumbs with Cauliflower and Brussels Sprouts [LINK] - MarilynFL - 2:05pm on 03/10/18
- Celery Root Puree - MarilynFL - 2:23pm on 03/10/18
- that sounds awesome - pmassell_93 - 4:20pm on 03/10/18
- Do you have a Sprouts market near you, Paul? The 3 - Pat-NoCal - 6:31pm on 03/10/18
- closest Sprouts is in Petaluma - pmassell_93 - 9:46pm on 03/12/18
- That's a nice price. It was $2.99/lb. today at - Pat-NoCal - 1:07am on 03/13/18
- That IS a great price. I wonder if mine were $3.98/lb and not per? - MarilynFL - 12:44pm on 03/14/18
- I love the stuff as well and wish I could afford it.About $7 each here. Goes well with roast pork. [NT] - Marg CDN2 - 9:01pm on 03/22/18
- I made a 10-vegetable stew last Monday, using celery root along with, oddly enough... - Michael in Phoenix - 4:33pm on 03/10/18