Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Recipe: Ultimate Fudge Frosting from Jenny McCoy
Joined: Dec 10, 2005
Posted to Thread #30158 at 4:30 pm on Mar 11, 2018
This delicious recipe is from one of my Craftsy classes taught by Jenny McCoy. She said to make this a day ahead of time and put in the fridge until ready to use. I swapped half the water with brewed coffee
Ultimate Fudge Frosting Yield: Makes about 4 cups (1 kg)
• 1 stick plus 5 tablespoons (180 g) unsalted butter
• 6 ounces (170 g) chopped semisweet chocolate
• 6 ounces (170 g) chopped unsweetened chocolate
• 5 large eggs • ½ cup (120 ml) water
• ¾ cup (150 g) granulated sugar
• Pinch of salt
1. Combine the butter and chocolates in the bowl of a stand mixer, and set over a double boiler with simmering water. Be sure the level of the simmering water is below the bottom of the bowl. Stir until the chocolate has completely melted. Remove from the heat and set aside until ready to use.
2. In a medium saucepan, combine the eggs, water, sugar, and salt, and whisk vigorously until fully combined. Cook over low heat, whisking constantly to prevent the eggs from scrambling but creating as little foam as possible. Cook until the mixture reaches to 160 F (71 C).
3. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve over the melted chocolate mixture, and whisk until thoroughly combined. Let stand until cooled to room temperature.
4. Transfer to the stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment and whip on high speed until thickened, about 10 minutes. Cover and refrigerate overnight, to set before using.
Other messages in this thread:
- 30158. Recipe: Ultimate Fudge Frosting from Jenny McCoy - deb-in-MI - 4:30pm on 03/11/18 (1)
- I'm trying to type this with a potholder duct-taped across my eyes. [NT] - MarilynFL - 12:23am on 03/12/18