Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
The croissants I made were from Peter Rinehart — artisan bread every day
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #30166 at 6:48 am on Mar 16, 2018
They looked good, but they tasted robbery and I didn’t get a good inside swirl. However, it obviously was entirely user error because at our bread made up, yes I go to a bread meet up, someone else made them and they were perfect using the same recipe. So, yes apparently you can fail using a Peter Reinhart recipe, because I went all out and accomplished that!
Also, I saw a recent baking with Julia where she made croissants and it was a much more updated version than the one you posted. However, I think were she to do them now, they would be improved even more in the how to.
The next time I try, which will probably be never because I’m Not as big of a croissant fan to put in this much work, but I think I would try G’s.
Good luck, I await your results.
Oh and Ms Phelps. Your mission, Marilyn, should you choose to accept it, ... As always, should you or any of your Force be caught or killed, the Secretary will disavow any knowledge of your actions. This post will self-destruct in 10 seconds.
The man who carries a cat by the tail learns something that can be learned in no other way. - MTwain
Other messages in this thread:
- 30166. Just watched Julia Child beat the bejeesus out of her croissant dough. [LINK] - MarilynFL - 3:08am on 03/15/18 (10)
- LOL. BTW - the croissant recipe I'm going to try is from Cenk Sonmezsoy, "The Artful Baker" - deb-in-MI - 8:01am on 03/15/18
- Sister!!! [NT] - MarilynFL - 2:08pm on 03/15/18
- Damn. Not a single copy in the entire state. That is a beautiful book...with some [LINK] - MarilynFL - 2:14pm on 03/15/18
- I absolutely LOVE how the Sablés video music is cued to the baking process. Wonderful. [NT] - MarilynFL - 2:17pm on 03/15/18
- Damn. I'm weakening here. [NT] - MarilynFL - 2:18pm on 03/15/18
- Worth buying it and I know that I will end up doing so for the following reasons: - deb-in-MI - 2:33pm on 03/15/18
- You're not helping. [NT] - MarilynFL - 3:59pm on 03/15/18
- I love her tip on using the frozen bread dough! (nt) [NT] - mistral - 5:07pm on 03/15/18
- I always get aggressive with dough, except for those super wet ones where you just lift them and [LINK] - Heather_in_SF - 5:18pm on 03/15/18
- The croissants I made were from Peter Rinehart — artisan bread every day - MariaDNoCA - 6:48am on 03/16/18