Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
RCP: Celeriac, Cauliflower Mash with Thyme and Chavrie Goat Cheese
Joined: Dec 11, 2005
Posted to Thread #30168 at 5:38 pm on Mar 16, 2018
This is delicious and a wonderful addition to the cauliflower mash I have been making.
1 large head cauliflower, broken down into small florets for steaming.
1 celeriac, peeled and cubed to 1/2-inch dice
2 to 3 cloves garlic, sliced
2 tablespoons butter
salt and pepper to taste
2 to 3 tablespoons Chavrie Goat Cheese
3 to 4 springs fresh thyme
1 Tablespoon or more of snipped chives
Place cauliflower into microwave safe bowl, add 2 tablespoons water, cover, and microwave 5 to 8 minutes until tender and easily pierced with a knife. Drain and set water aside.
Place celeriac and garlic in a pan, cover with water and cook until tender and easily pierced with the tip of a knife. Drain.
Place cauliflower, celeriac, garlic, into the food processor and pulse to break up the pieces. Add butter, Chavrie Goat Cheese,
Thyme, salt and pepper, and puree until mixture is smooth. Use water from the cauliflower, if needed to adjust the texture to your liking. Add salt and pepper, chives and pulse a few times. Taste and adjust seasoning to your taste.
I like to make ahead, place into an oven safe pan and gently reheat just before dinner. Garnish with fresh, snipped chives, if desired.
~*Many things will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart...pursue those*~
Other messages in this thread:
- 30168. RCP: Celeriac, Cauliflower Mash with Thyme and Chavrie Goat Cheese - KarenNoCA - 5:38pm on 03/16/18 (6)
- You had me at Celeriac...and lost me at goat cheese. But a Gruyere would do nicely for me. Thanks. - MarilynFL - 1:25pm on 03/17/18
- That goat cheese mentioned, is very good. Different from the usual. [NT] - KarenNoCA - 12:57am on 03/18/18
- And the goat cheese was exactly why I wanted to try this - - colleenmomof2 - 12:36pm on 03/18/18
- FYI: I have frozen partial chevre logs, fridge defrosted, and they are just fine! (nt) [NT] - mistral - 5:23pm on 03/18/18
- Logs? I have never seen those. I buy the Pyramid and it has a long use by date. [NT] [LINK] - KarenNoCA - 8:33pm on 03/18/18
- We can get logs in a regular grocery store, as well as at Trader Joe's and at Costco. . . - mistral - 10:59pm on 03/18/18