Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Starting second attempt at laminated croissant dough, using Gesine's recipe. My library
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #30172 at 8:56 pm on Mar 18, 2018
has Julia Child's book, but no one can find it, even though it's "available for check-out" meaning it should be sitting on the shelf. However, this is the FOURTH such "available, but unfindable" book I've run into. Since NC lets you borrow a book from ANY library in the entire state, I fear my Julia is sitting alone and unreachable on some other library's shelf.
Oh well, I have to say Gesine's recipe is working out exactly as shown on the video. I watched the hour-long demo a second time and just put my first fold/turn back into the refrigerator to chill for 20 minutes after adding the butter block This dough needed absolutely NO extra flour to roll out. It didn't spring back, it didn't crack...it just rolled out beautifully.
Only 28-30 more hours to go.
I'll be back after I finish donating a kidney.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
Other messages in this thread:
- 30172. Starting second attempt at laminated croissant dough, using Gesine's recipe. My library - MarilynFL - 8:56pm on 03/18/18 (11)
- Just take your time - that is key IMHO. - Music City Missy - 10:13pm on 03/18/18
- Can't wait to hear about it. You are a brave woman! [NT] - deb-in-MI - 10:16am on 03/19/18
- Here's the laminated dough [NT] [LINK] - MarilynFL - 7:44pm on 03/19/18
- Here's the finished croissant (Gesine's recipe) [NT] [LINK] - MarilynFL - 7:45pm on 03/19/18
- Here they are rising (and then falling over) [NT] [LINK] - MarilynFL - 7:53pm on 03/19/18
- If that isn't one of the most beautiful croissants I've ever seen!! - deb-in-MI - 8:56pm on 03/19/18
- Beautiful! Bravo! [NT] - Melissa Dallas - 1:22pm on 03/20/18
- My Goddess...bows down. P.S. Please adopt me [NT] - orchid - 8:34pm on 03/19/18
- Do you do overnight express mail? :-) Simply gorgeously delicious looking. (nt) [NT] - mistral - 2:34am on 03/22/18
- Lovely! Nicely done! - Pat-NoCal - 3:09am on 03/22/18
- Thanks, all. I have to say this was Gesine's work. Her demo is very specific...and actually - MarilynFL - 1:07pm on 03/22/18