Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
We can get logs in a regular grocery store, as well as at Trader Joe's and at Costco. . .
Joined: Dec 31, 2005
Posted to Thread #30168 at 10:59 pm on Mar 18, 2018
Sometimes we just cannot eat it all and the logs will go funky after a while in the fridge. The logs are very soft, even when refrigerated. So, one time I froze figuring I had nothing to lose as it would've turned in the fridge--and the freezing worked. Also, the log cheese was the same texture when defrosted.
A Proud "Master Food Preserver San Bernardino County" since 1996!
Other messages in this thread:
- 30168. RCP: Celeriac, Cauliflower Mash with Thyme and Chavrie Goat Cheese - KarenNoCA - 5:38pm on 03/16/18 (6)
- You had me at Celeriac...and lost me at goat cheese. But a Gruyere would do nicely for me. Thanks. - MarilynFL - 1:25pm on 03/17/18
- That goat cheese mentioned, is very good. Different from the usual. [NT] - KarenNoCA - 12:57am on 03/18/18
- And the goat cheese was exactly why I wanted to try this - - colleenmomof2 - 12:36pm on 03/18/18
- FYI: I have frozen partial chevre logs, fridge defrosted, and they are just fine! (nt) [NT] - mistral - 5:23pm on 03/18/18
- Logs? I have never seen those. I buy the Pyramid and it has a long use by date. [NT] [LINK] - KarenNoCA - 8:33pm on 03/18/18
- We can get logs in a regular grocery store, as well as at Trader Joe's and at Costco. . . - mistral - 10:59pm on 03/18/18