Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Richard in Cincy||
Lovely. And, BTW, how do you make your garlic bread?
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #30175 at 1:45 am on Mar 19, 2018
I've been doing this for years and I can make a pretty good garlic bread (olive oil, mounds of chopped garlic, lay the bread on top, grill is my most effective method).
However, Scotti's Italian Ristorante in Cincinnati, the oldest restaurant in the city, with the original cash register to prove it, has a garlic bread that I cannot recreate!!!
Every time I go, I say: "I, have figured out your recipe!!!"
Teresa says: "Oh, you think!--Tell me"
I tell her. She laughs.
Truly, it is the best garlic bread you ever put in your mouth. So simple right? I cannot duplicate it.
Cathy come visit me and we will crack the Italian Garlic Bread Code!!!!
Other messages in this thread:
- 30175. This was really good... Rec; Shakshuka I served for late breakfast w. garlic bread [NT] [LINK] - barb_b - 1:27am on 03/19/18 (7)
- Lovely. And, BTW, how do you make your garlic bread? - Richard in Cincy - 1:45am on 03/19/18
- I mix butter, crushed garlic & parmesan. Spread. Top with more cheese, then broil [NT] - Melissa Dallas - 2:36am on 03/19/18
- You could try adding some garlic powder to your mixture, it might help match the flavor or. . . - mistral - 5:13pm on 03/19/18
- I’m thinking the same thing. And also roasted garlic. The best garlic bread - Curious1 - 6:06pm on 03/19/18
- I prefer granulated garlic also; kinda toasty and more controllable, not so windborne! (nt) [NT] - mistral - 8:15pm on 03/19/18
- --and I just saw a re-run of an ATK episode that had"Really good Garlic Bread". . . - mistral - 8:18pm on 03/19/18
- RE-posting an oldie but a goodie from Gails... Rec: Stuffed Garlic Bread [NT] [LINK] - barb_b - 7:28pm on 03/20/18