Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
--and I just saw a re-run of an ATK episode that had"Really good Garlic Bread". . .
Joined: Dec 31, 2005
Posted to Thread #30175 at 8:18 pm on Mar 19, 2018
and they used both fresh garlic AND garlic powder. The garlic powder was activated with a little water before mixing with the other ingredients.
I consider garlic powder and granules AND onion powder to be separate spices/flavorings when I cook. I often use both fresh and powdered forms of each.
A Proud "Master Food Preserver San Bernardino County" since 1996!
Other messages in this thread:
- 30175. This was really good... Rec; Shakshuka I served for late breakfast w. garlic bread [NT] [LINK] - barb_b - 1:27am on 03/19/18 (7)
- Lovely. And, BTW, how do you make your garlic bread? - Richard in Cincy - 1:45am on 03/19/18
- I mix butter, crushed garlic & parmesan. Spread. Top with more cheese, then broil [NT] - Melissa Dallas - 2:36am on 03/19/18
- You could try adding some garlic powder to your mixture, it might help match the flavor or. . . - mistral - 5:13pm on 03/19/18
- I’m thinking the same thing. And also roasted garlic. The best garlic bread - Curious1 - 6:06pm on 03/19/18
- I prefer granulated garlic also; kinda toasty and more controllable, not so windborne! (nt) [NT] - mistral - 8:15pm on 03/19/18
- --and I just saw a re-run of an ATK episode that had"Really good Garlic Bread". . . - mistral - 8:18pm on 03/19/18
- RE-posting an oldie but a goodie from Gails... Rec: Stuffed Garlic Bread [NT] [LINK] - barb_b - 7:28pm on 03/20/18