Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Richard in Cincy||
Great tip! Thanks for the suggestion...
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #30177 at 9:00 pm on Mar 20, 2018
I will have to scan the recipes for my big bake Friday this week!
I love yeast baking and have been at it since I was 16 years old. My Sunday school teacher was a farm homemaker and made everything from scratch. My brother and I were always at their house since they had kids our age. I of course hung out in the farmhouse kitchen learning to make French bread, Swedish tea rings, etc. all with fresh butter and cream from the cows in the barn. Yummy stuff.
The best cornbread I've ever had in my life came from that kitchen. She made it with fresh full cream milk that she left out to clabber to a thick jogurt like consistency. Wow was it ever good slathered with butter hot out of the oven!
Other messages in this thread:
- 30177. If you are a yeast baker & do Facebook you should follow Red Star's (yeast) page - Melissa Dallas - 4:49pm on 03/19/18 (9)
- Red Star is my fav. brand! [NT] - deb-in-MI - 12:08pm on 03/20/18
- Mine too. Love the way it tastes & smells. Very robustly yeasty. [NT] - Melissa Dallas - 1:20pm on 03/20/18
- Great tip! Thanks for the suggestion... - Richard in Cincy - 9:00pm on 03/20/18
- My sister & I made yeast bread from the time we had to stand on a chair at the counter - Melissa Dallas - 9:05pm on 03/20/18
- Do you know if Red Star still makes the instant yeast? - deb-in-MI - 11:19pm on 03/22/18
- I just finished my Platinum. Fleischmann's regular and instant is what I have left. [NT] - MarilynFL - 12:10am on 03/23/18
- Here is their product page-they still make it, plus instant [LINK] - Melissa Dallas - 11:02pm on 03/23/18