Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Seems to be the case with
Joined: Oct 13, 2010
Posted to Thread #30190 at 5:52 am on Mar 30, 2018
well...that wasn't supposed to happen.
seems to be the case with new appliances. My old Cusinart needs a crane to get it onto the counter now. Didn't seem like that 20 years ago; how did it get heavier? But I would love to have a replacement bowl for it.
I have a mini bowl for my 1970 Oster blender, that is so handy. Its bowl also needs to be replaced but disgustingly, I used crazy glue to mend it. I'm still alive.
I'm with Judy, confident but just keeping fingers crossed that the old heavy-duty motors will carry on. It's the hard plastic bowls that are the problems. The dishwasher is quite the destructive element in this process. Had I not been putting the Cuisinart bowl into the dishwasher, I know it would have fit perfectly today.
Other messages in this thread:
- 30190. Has anyone recently purchased a new mini food processor that is any good? - KarenNoCA - 3:08pm on 03/28/18 (15)
- almost identical experience - pmassell_93 - 4:19pm on 03/28/18
- I got a 12 cup cuisinart for christmas and the thing weighs a ton. . . - mistral - 4:54pm on 03/28/18
- I have a 12cup KA (many many years old) with a mini-prep bowl. All works very well. [NT] - Charley - 5:11pm on 03/28/18
- Maybe I should look into getting a mini prep bowl for my 12 cupper.(nt) [NT] - mistral - 2:03am on 03/29/18
- Mine is a KA. Don't know about Cuisinart. ;o) [NT] - Charley - 11:13am on 03/29/18
- I am truly hoping that my ancient food processor never dies - judy-mass - 11:38pm on 03/28/18
- Mini is Oster. Not that great, but works for crumbs, etc. For smaller items I use a coffee grinder. - MarilynFL - 3:13pm on 03/29/18
- Seems to be the case with - Marg CDN2 - 5:52am on 03/30/18
- And my upper cabinets are somehow out of reach - - colleenmomof2 - 1:20pm on 04/02/18
- Lol Colleen. I'm having the same problem. Those kitchen fairies sure are hard at work! [NT] - Curious1 - 8:07pm on 04/02/18
- I did for "2 cents" at Kohl's! All plastic - except the blade ;) - colleenmomof2 - 1:26pm on 04/02/18
- I just ordered replacement parts for my 40 year old Cuisinart DLC7 base. They are hard to - Curious1 - 8:05pm on 04/02/18
- Ooh yes. How did you find the replacement bowl. Actually...WHERE? [NT] - Marg CDN2 - 12:40am on 04/05/18
- This is the link, my husband thinks it will fit. I’ll let you know if it doesn’t. I would have [LINK] - Curious1 - 2:43pm on 04/05/18
- Yikes! [NT] - Marg CDN2 - 7:41pm on 04/05/18