Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Sometimes I just don't know about me:
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #30198 at 5:28 pm on Mar 31, 2018
I was making caramel candies when the UPS truck drove up my steep driveway to drop off a package. I walked out on the porch to greet him and the following conversation took place:
Me: "Hi...thanks for braving the driveway. Would you like a piece of candy? I'm tempering chocolate."
UPS Guy: "You're tampering with chocolate?"
Me: "No! I'm tempering it."
UPS Guy: "Tampering?"
Me: "No! Tempe....I'm coating caramels with chocolate. Would you like one?"
UPS Guy: "Sure." [takes one and swallows it whole]
Me: "OH MY GOD! You're not diabetic, are you???"
This sudden panic arose because every doctor, walk-in clinic, or insurance person I've talked to here in NC has asked these questions first:
Do you--or have you ever--smoked?
Are you diabetic?
He wasn't so I managed not to kill off a UPS driver out of sheer stupidity.
Jesus saves. Buddha recycles.
Other messages in this thread:
- 30198. Sometimes I just don't know about me: - MarilynFL - 5:28pm on 03/31/18 (8)
- Lol! Marilyn, not killing UPS drivers by tampering with chocolate. One candy at a time [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 2:44am on 04/01/18
- Btw I failed at lemon bars today. First attempt who knew “bake till set” was so hard. Ina’s fault. - MariaDNoCA - 2:47am on 04/01/18
- How many times have I done that...her lemon bars are the best, and I always add - KarenNoCA - 6:12pm on 04/01/18
- People ate them! All of them! They didn’t taste burnt at all. Frankly I’m shocked. [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 12:05am on 04/02/18
- I am sure you will now have the most efficient deliveries from UPS!! [NT] - barb_b - 3:46pm on 04/01/18
- I've had chocolate in Tempe. [NT] - Michael in Phoenix - 4:15pm on 04/01/18
- ha! [NT] - MarilynFL - 9:10pm on 04/01/18
- Ah, the curse of knowledge, talent and an excellent vocabulary - colleenmomof2 - 1:12pm on 04/02/18