Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Lana in FL||
Fresh yeast and cinnamon buns!
Joined: Oct 9, 2007
Posted to Thread #30199 at 3:19 am on Apr 1, 2018
I finally managed to buy fresh yeast at the Polmart Polish deli in Clermont, well worth the 50 minute drive each way. I think it's fairly new, sparkling clean, and has very good fresh Polish sausage and excellent kabanossi.
I was a bit worried when I started making the hot cross buns (well, hot _ buns, I forgot to mark the crosses on them), as the yeast, creamed as directed in a little warm milk, did not foam. I tried another ounce - still no bubbles. But when I added a 1/4 tsp sugar, those yeastie-beasties (always makes me think of Harimad) showed they were alive and kicking. So, as I now had two ounces of yeast all ready to go, I had to make two batches of buns. Darn.
I had to do a bit of quality control this evening - yum. :)
Happy Easter to everyone who celebrates! Off to marinate the lamb.
Other messages in this thread:
- 30199. Fresh yeast and cinnamon buns! [IMAGE] - Lana in FL - 3:19am on 04/01/18 (10)
- Gorgeous!!! [NT] - LisainLA - 3:58pm on 04/01/18
- Beauty! [NT] - Richard in Cincy - 4:06pm on 04/01/18
- Wowza! I'm hungry! Nice work. [NT] - Michael in Phoenix - 4:12pm on 04/01/18
- Oh, I admire you talented bakers out there with the patience to work with yeast and flour! [NT] - KarenNoCA - 6:09pm on 04/01/18
- For YEARS I looked for fresh yeast in FL and nada. Move away and Lana finds it. They're beauties, L! [NT] - MarilynFL - 9:04pm on 04/01/18
- Marilyn. when DD told me she had found fresh yeast, my first thought was of you! [NT] - Lana in FL - 11:39pm on 04/01/18
- Thanks, everyone! [NT] - Lana in FL - 11:38pm on 04/01/18
- Absolutely beautiful! [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 12:08am on 04/02/18
- So lovely Lana! [NT] - deb-in-MI - 10:26am on 04/02/18
- Outstanding! Congratulations on your problem solving skills - colleenmomof2 - 1:09pm on 04/02/18