Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Here you go: Almond Cream (aka frangipane) from Johnny Iuzzini's *Sugar Rush*
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #30203 at 1:19 pm on Apr 3, 2018
8 TBL cold, unsalted butter, diced (113 g)
1/2 C sugar (100 g)
1 tsp kosher salt (4 g)
1 C almond flour (95 g)
3 TBL all purpose flour (24 g)
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
Pulse butter, sugar and salt in processor until no lumps of butter remain.
Add both flours and pulse just until combined.
Add eggs one at a time.
Add vanilla and pulse until smooth.
Makes 2 cups
Use immediately, or cover with plastic wrap and store in refrigerator for 3 days or up to 1 month in freezer. Thaw in refrigerator.
Tasting it raw, I thought it was a bit salty. I'd cut the salt a bit next time.
I used almond meal.
Jesus saves. Buddha recycles.
Other messages in this thread:
- 30203. A confluence of random ingredients ended up quite nicely: Caramelized Pear with Almond Frangipane [LINK] - MarilynFL - 10:40pm on 04/02/18 (12)
- Beautiful! Absolutely scrumptious looking! [NT] - deb-in-MI - 12:37am on 04/03/18
- A beauty! [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 4:07am on 04/03/18
- Would you mind posting the Frangipane recipe? No rush!! Thanks! [NT] - deb-in-MI - 10:17am on 04/03/18
- Here you go: Almond Cream (aka frangipane) from Johnny Iuzzini's *Sugar Rush* - MarilynFL - 1:19pm on 04/03/18
- Did you forget to add a link? [NT] - deb-in-MI - 1:23pm on 04/03/18
- It's done now. I lost the first typing with an *not secure* note at address line. - MarilynFL - 1:31pm on 04/03/18
- Thank you! [NT] - deb-in-MI - 3:27pm on 04/03/18
- Magnifique, Marilyn............. [NT] - GayR - 1:07pm on 04/03/18
- Beautiful! And I love how you found the library in your new town! They are lucky to have you! [NT] - barb_b - 1:29pm on 04/03/18
- Looks perfect! [NT] - CynUpstateNY - 8:11pm on 04/03/18
- Oh my. Do those book readers actually appreciate what was presented to them? Simply Spectacular! [NT] - Marg CDN2 - 12:51am on 04/05/18
- This looks amazing! [NT] - Lana in FL - 1:16am on 04/06/18