Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Ha! Found a hand-written version in my *held together with a rubberband* notebook
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #30207 at 10:09 pm on Apr 4, 2018
This is going to be cryptic because I made so many cheesecakes back then, all I did was write the ingredients.
2 C chocolate cookies, pulsed into crumbs and measured (this is that small box of super-thin solid chocolate round cookies, sometimes found in the ice cream section. Okay, Google to the rescue: it's "Nabisco Famous Chocolate Wafer" cookies
1/2 tsp cinnamon
4 TBL butter, melted
3/4 C sugar
1/4 C melted butter
24 oz cream cheese
8 oz semi-sweet chocolate, melted (block version, not chips)
2 TBL cocoa
1 tsp vanilla
3 C sour cream
All the ingredients should be room temp. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until just the center is still shiny, but the rest of the surface is dull.
You'll be okay if you follow the instruction in the very similar Kraft recipe linked. It has more cream cheese and sugar and less sour cream. Mine definitely had a tang to it.
This was originally published in the Pittsburgh Post Gazette as the "Best Chocolate Cheesecake in Pittsburgh"
Jesus saves. Buddha recycles.
Other messages in this thread:
- 30207. Marilyn, I made the chocolate cheesecake from The Artful Baker - OMG!!! - deb-in-MI - 11:06pm on 04/03/18 (15)
- I took it back to the library today after binging on 1/4 of a tart yesterday. But not before - MarilynFL - 11:26pm on 04/03/18
- Cheesecake was absolutely scrumptious!! - deb-in-MI - 12:02am on 04/04/18
- I had a killer chocolate cheesecake from Pittsburgh, but got bored making them for everything. - MarilynFL - 1:08am on 04/04/18
- OMGoodness - that White Chocolate one sounds divine! - deb-in-MI - 10:03am on 04/04/18
- Sister! I made 15 of these for my niece's wedding. Here are the tweaks I use: [LINK] - MarilynFL - 1:25pm on 04/04/18
- You are a goddess!!! How long did it take you to make 15? [NT] - deb-in-MI - 2:10pm on 04/04/18
- This was my wedding present to my godchild. I made 4 desserts for 300 people - MarilynFL - 3:03pm on 04/04/18
- *Best GodParent Ever* - deb-in-MI - 4:19pm on 04/04/18
- Would you post your killer chocolate cheesecake recipe please? [NT] - GeorgiaRose - 9:05pm on 04/04/18
- GeorgiaRose, this may take some time. It's an old paper copy and that means it's buried - MarilynFL - 10:01pm on 04/04/18
- Here is the pic of the cheesecake [NT] [IMAGE] - deb-in-MI - 4:41pm on 04/04/18
- Click on "IMAGE" if you open up the post the pic is crazy big (I should have resized) [NT] - deb-in-MI - 4:42pm on 04/04/18
- Ohhhhhhh. Thank GOD I took that book back to the library! [NT] - MarilynFL - 5:57pm on 04/04/18