Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Richard in Cincy||
Attention NYC lunch bunch
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #30215 at 12:16 am on Apr 7, 2018
Erin, Tim, and I are going to make a trip up to the Bronx to visit the Italian wonderland of Arthur Avenue. We've all been dying to go there for years but it is just such a slog on public transit. So Erin has graciously offered the option of using her Zipcar membership to rent a car for a several hours to whisk us up to Arthur Avenue for the journey.
If there is interest, we could do this instead of Chinese lunch in Midtown. The NJ crowd could meet us there and the Manhattan bunch could chip in on the zipcar pool. We could shop Italy and have lunch at a trattoria on Arthur Ave.
Let me know your thoughts if you'd like to do this instead of Chinese lunch in Midtown.
Marilyn, we'd meet Erin and the car at the 181st St. A Train stop. We could arrange to meet you in Midtown and you could travel with us up to 181st St.
If everyone would rather keep Chinese lunch as is, that is totally fine with us, we'll do it another day.
Other messages in this thread:
- 30215. Attention NYC lunch bunch - Richard in Cincy - 12:16am on 04/07/18 (16)
- I'm in! Please think about what I can carry back on the plane. I'm staying at the Lexington - MarilynFL - 6:08pm on 04/07/18
- ...and bummer aside, Sara Bareilles is coming back to Waitress on MAY 8th. Damn. [NT] - MarilynFL - 6:10pm on 04/07/18
- You just need to stay longer! You should check out how to get lottery tickets to broadway shows. - barb_b - 6:30pm on 04/07/18
- There is also broadway.tix.com if you want to plan ahead a bit... - Richard in Cincy - 11:27pm on 04/07/18
- Delta just sent me email. They've bumped up my departure to 5:00 PM - MarilynFL - 8:18pm on 04/07/18
- If we're going to be in Bronx, should I just go to LaGuardia from there? Rather than - MarilynFL - 8:22pm on 04/07/18
- We'll be in da Bronx... - Richard in Cincy - 10:54pm on 04/07/18
- Oh! That's doable! I was looking at map and figured I'd end up on Ricker's Island with my luck. [NT] - MarilynFL - 11:57pm on 04/07/18
- I'd LOVE to; I will be a last minute thing; as I would need to rely on Kid carpool, and too early - barb_b - 6:33pm on 04/07/18
- Barb, if Midtown Chinese is a definite and Bronx Arthur Ave is iffy... - Richard in Cincy - 10:57pm on 04/07/18
- I may need to vote on Chinese in midtown as well now that Delta has changed my timing. [NT] - MarilynFL - 11:19pm on 04/07/18
- OK. Arthur Avenue would be epic (and the stories we could tell), but... - Richard in Cincy - 11:59pm on 04/07/18
- Ok, got it. Thanks. :) [NT] - ErininNY - 2:19am on 04/09/18
- Just so this doesn't get lost: Original Plan in Effect!!! - Richard in Cincy - 2:52am on 04/08/18
- Cyn! Can you join us? [NT] - Richard in Cincy - 3:07am on 04/08/18
- Oh, I wish I could. Love Arthur Ave, Chinatown and Little Italy! Eat a cannoli for me! - CynUpstateNY - 5:07pm on 04/09/18