Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Richard in Cincy||
Hell, I grew up through this...
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #30210 at 1:36 am on Apr 7, 2018
When they died my grandmother baked cakes. Then she fried some chicken. We would go visit and drop off our German's Chocolate Cakes (which my Grandmother was renowned for in our little river village), a platter of fried chicken, and if they were especially close, a big pot of beef and home-made noodles and a Transparent Pie.
If it was summer, there were 3-4 big perfect Beefsteak tomatoes from her garden.
This touched home for me. I always take food and this week at work has been hell. A dear friend's mother died and I have been wanting to bake a cake to take over and a dear young cousin lost her husband in a tragic accident. I have just not had the time. I'm hoping to get up in the morning and
Other messages in this thread:
- 30210. I'm having fun reading *What Can I Bring? Southern Food for Any Occassion Life Serves Up* - MarilynFL - 12:41pm on 04/05/18 (7)
- Daddy's Bloody Marys by Elizabeth Heiskell - MarilynFL - 12:57pm on 04/05/18
- How much prepared horseradish? [NT] - Michael in Phoenix - 11:59pm on 04/05/18
- ooh, good catch. Thanks, M. It's 1/4 C. I've corrected the recipe. [NT] - MarilynFL - 1:07am on 04/06/18
- Thank you for sharing her blurbs - had me laughing out loud - deb-in-MI - 1:10pm on 04/05/18
- Here's a couple more from Elizabeth Heiskell - MarilynFL - 1:16am on 04/06/18
- :) [NT] - deb-in-MI - 10:38am on 04/06/18
- Hell, I grew up through this... - Richard in Cincy - 1:36am on 04/07/18