Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
SCORE!! Two perfect poached eggs, albeit a bit small. Used the drain/swirl/2 min
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #30262 at 6:22 pm on Apr 27, 2018
version and made them one at a time. The second was just as perfect as the first. Thanks for the hint to drain...that seemed to make the most difference. I made sure the water was just at a simmer (no vinegar, no salt), swirled to a vortex and gently lower the strainer with the yolk and attached white into it. Google said to cook 4 minutes, but it looked done at 2 minutes and turns out that is the perfect amount of time for me.
Served on top of buttered crispy whole grain toast, a sliver of avocado with lemon juice, two roasted Kumato tomato halves and a nice cup of coffee.
Scratch that last phrase. I LOVE my coffee, but lately have been trying to cut out the obscene amount of dairy I use (at least 2/3 C of heated milk], 2 packages of Splenda, and too much caffeine.
Now I'm using RIPPLE (a plant-based coffee creamer which CAN NOT be heated without breaking down), Truvia for sweetness and a decaffeinated bean.
OH MAN! THAT IS ONE SUCKY CUP OF COFFEE.
Oh well...my poached eggs were perfect and for that we give thanks to our friends here who have the patience to guide me through murky waters filled with floating streaky egg whites.
Jesus saves. Buddha recycles.
Other messages in this thread:
- 30262. well, I'm 0 for 3 on the poached egg learning curve. I failed on Alton Brown, Alice - MarilynFL - 2:14pm on 04/26/18 (12)
- I drop an egg in a tightly slotted spoon (or chinois) and let the watery whites - deb-in-MI - 4:55pm on 04/26/18
- are you expecting too much from your poached egg? - pmassell_93 - 7:56pm on 04/26/18
- That was my smile for the day... Something I ask myself about my kids.... : ) [NT] - barb_b - 8:50pm on 04/26/18
- Quite possible. My POV are cookbook images and those have probably been Photoshop'ed to within an - MarilynFL - 10:02pm on 04/26/18
- I also like the straining method. Works great as I am usually cooking only 4 eggs. They can be - Curious1 - 9:40pm on 04/26/18
- Fresh eggs could also be the problem. I poach eggs all the time. I finally settled on - Traca - 11:37pm on 05/01/18
- Try mine again . You want it to be full power, and I think mine may be more than that. For the - Charley - 7:51pm on 04/26/18
- yes. covered with plate and covered with water. I heard a big pop 30 seconds in and should have - MarilynFL - 9:02pm on 04/26/18
- I do my poached eggs in swirled water in an 8" saute pan. Not 2". I have done - Charley - 11:37pm on 04/26/18
- SCORE!! Two perfect poached eggs, albeit a bit small. Used the drain/swirl/2 min - MarilynFL - 6:22pm on 04/27/18
- I am way too happy for you! [NT] - pmassell_93 - 6:33pm on 04/27/18