Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Butterfly flowers/garden to keep my veggies happy.
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #30314 at 3:45 am on May 31, 2018
I need to read the above and catch up! Went to a butterfly summit over the weekend and ended up with buying plants to create a small butterfly garden, in particular a waystation for monarchs given I found out their population is down 90%. The photo is of the type of plants I bought. This will also make my veggies happy. A win/win. Sorta food related? Oh and a white hydrangea that’s as big as your head — just because. :-)
The man who carries a cat by the tail learns something that can be learned in no other way. - MTwain
Other messages in this thread:
- 30314. Butterfly flowers/garden to keep my veggies happy. [IMAGE] - MariaDNoCA - 3:45am on 05/31/18 (7)
- Gorgeous! [NT] - Michael in Phoenix - 4:22am on 05/31/18
- Beautiful! - deb-in-MI - 11:03am on 05/31/18
- Fabulous! - judy-mass - 12:40pm on 05/31/18
- It's an ominous fate for the Monarchs isn't it? I hope more people like you help out. [NT] - Marg CDN2 - 5:45am on 06/01/18
- Get a butterfly bush. It will come back every year. Zinnias are a cheery little annual that they - Charley - 2:59pm on 06/02/18
- I was on the northern coast of Ohio last weekend - Richard in Cincy - 1:38am on 06/09/18
- Milkweed is the only plant Monarch butterflies lay their eggs! Nectar plants to so they can feed. [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 3:13am on 07/27/18