Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Richard in Cincy||
Warning: Not a fan of "Amish Products"
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #30326 at 5:56 pm on Jun 7, 2018
Having grown up down the road from a large Amish colony in southern Ohio I've seen up close their methods, tasted their foods for sale, etc. For me, it is just one big marketing hoax. Real Amish food is bland and flavorless. They don't go in for fancy, deluxe, or frills.
Their "homemade" breads and baked goods were so plain (bread: white flour, water, salt, yeast) that everything I was baking at the time as a teenager was far superlative than the stuff people were lining up to buy at their farm because it was Amish/homemade/wholesome/old timey/etc.
Now the delis are carrying "Amish" potato salad and coleslaw that comes in big cardboard cartons. It is albino white and is the foulest spew I've ever put in my mouth. I literally spit out the first, and last, bite of it I ever tried because it was so horrible.
Think about it: Amish practitioners do not use electricity. How can they manufacture their plain bland food in large processing centers for national distribution without electricity?
Click the link to read what "Amish Roll Butter" really is and toss the word "Amish" into the waste bucket of marketing terms to trick you into buying something that isn't what you're being lead to think it is.
Other messages in this thread:
- 30326. I noticed Amish butterat my market - oli - 3:08pm on 06/05/18 (11)
- All I saw was butter rat. Had to click on it! Love you, Oli. - Michael in Phoenix - 3:24pm on 06/05/18
- Here is the link to Yelp for the Amish market my son goes to. It is just up the road... [LINK] - Michael in Phoenix - 6:02pm on 06/05/18
- There was an Amish butcher I purchased from while working in East Windsor, NJ--up the hill from - MarilynFL - 10:18pm on 06/05/18
- I purchase it right from my Amish neighbors. I even prefer to European butters! [NT] - CynUpstateNY - 7:08pm on 06/05/18
- I have no experience but found this. I had originally thought it might be - Charley - 5:26pm on 06/05/18
- We like Yoder's Amish Village in Sarasota - colleenmomof2 - 10:51am on 06/06/18
- My parents go to the market weekly when they winter in Sarasota:) [NT] - deb-in-MI - 11:18am on 06/06/18
- We have it here at one grocery store, Oli. Amish butter roll [LINK] - CathyZ from Kauai - 3:07pm on 06/06/18
- Warning: Not a fan of "Amish Products" [LINK] - Richard in Cincy - 5:56pm on 06/07/18
- The Amish, more details... - Richard in Cincy - 12:34am on 06/08/18
- Totally agree with you , Richard. I see it in local markets and I KNOW that's not the same butter - CynUpstateNY - 12:04pm on 06/09/18