Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Richard in Cincy||
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #30329 at 1:07 am on Jun 8, 2018
I looked and yes, there it is, the 2 cup jar is $35 dollars. I lucked out on the 1 cup $1/jar sale!!!
But really, why aren't they offering this in the bags like they do other popular blends. It should not take $35 dollars to replace a 2 cup jar.
Of course Penzey's prices have been rising like a flood in central Europe. When I first started shopping them 20 years ago they were a bargain for good spices and herbs. Since then, they are astronomical.
I started buying most of my herbs and spices from San Francisco Herb and it is a lot cheaper. As far as Sunny Paris, before I pay $35 for the largest container, I will shop SF herb to buy the constituents and make it myself.
And PS, as the graffiti went at the Cincinnati Conservatory in response to Jesus Saves: "Moses Invests."
Other messages in this thread:
- 30329. MariaDNoCA Heart and Soul - pmassell_93 - 10:59pm on 06/05/18 (22)
- Thank-you for the recipe advice, Paul - colleenmomof2 - 10:22am on 06/06/18
- You’re welcome – my box is still on back order! I can’t wait for it to come. - MariaDNoCA - 4:14am on 06/07/18
- Mine just came today! [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 10:07pm on 06/07/18
- Speaking of Penzey's seasoning blends, have you tried Sunny Paris? - Richard in Cincy - 5:41pm on 06/07/18
- Yes, yes, yes, it is amazing! I ordered a large jar, and got through it already. have another jar! - KarenNoCA - 7:25pm on 06/07/18
- Best thing ever in coddled eggs. Last time I bought it it cost $35. [NT] - MarilynFL - 7:28pm on 06/07/18
- $35 dollars!!! - Richard in Cincy - 1:07am on 06/08/18
- Richard, we obviously think alike. Read my post from 2012. [LINK] - MarilynFL - 7:40pm on 06/08/18
- Did you ever get it perfected? - Richard in Cincy - 12:26am on 06/09/18
- That faux recipe is missing two key ingredients: purple shallots and chervil. So it never tasted - MarilynFL - 12:57am on 06/09/18
- Did you try it that way? [NT] - Richard in Cincy - 1:30am on 06/09/18
- I followed the knock-off recipe; it just wasn't the same & I didn't search for - MarilynFL - 4:57am on 06/09/18
- We've been using this for years. Sauteed green beans!! [NT] - Michael in Sarasota - 2:04pm on 06/08/18
- It is amazing on everything that doesn't involve sugar and chocolate. [NT] - Richard in Cincy - 12:31am on 06/09/18
- Still waiting for mine, too. Was going to contact them until I saw this. - Michael in Sarasota - 2:06pm on 06/08/18
- I received mine this week, it was mentioned in a newsletter they had a problem receiving - Curious1 - 6:36pm on 06/08/18
- same here on the curry lid and btw - pmassell_93 - 2:53am on 06/09/18
- Ditto on the curry lid [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 11:37pm on 06/09/18
- I haven't tried Ozarks. It's that good? - Richard in Cincy - 12:30am on 06/09/18
- on my jar it lists: - pmassell_93 - 2:47am on 06/09/18
- Very interesting. - Richard in Cincy - 2:34pm on 06/09/18
- Got mine today. With the silver lid on the curry. I've had the black lid crack on me. [NT] - Michael in Sarasota - 5:33pm on 06/09/18